Community post

Journal

Met the friends!

Holy crap! The last two days have been a little weird.

He kinda seems like he backed off a bit and I have a feeling it's because I still have court. I had a nasty feeling in my gut yesterday that he was pulling away for good. I'd started listening to my gut in the past but with him, he turns around and surprises the fuck out of me.
I got off work and found a text on my phone asking what time I got off. I texted him that I had just clocked out and he said he was at Applebee's if I wanted to join. I was like, YEP! Obviously, I wasn't that transparently happy lol. I texted him when I got there and he's like "We're sitting at a table". I freeze and I'm like "We're...who's we're?!", inside my own head...I didn't ask him. I played it cool even though I was freaking out. Turns out it was two of his friends from the station. They're married and she's about to have a baby. Apparently, he'd asked them if he "could invite the girl he's seeing". *Insert happy dance* and he's talked about me because they were asking me questions. It was totally the "friend approval" dinner! I really liked them and it seemed like they liked me too. I hope so because they seem pretty important to him. He's talked about them before so I wasn't clueless as to who they were. The three of us talked and got to know each other and Randy just kinda watched.
Basically, I can't trust my gut when it comes to this man because just when I think I know what's coming, he throws me a curve ball!
I really do think he's been a little distant because my divorce isn't finalized in the eye of the law...which he's kind of old school, so I totally understand. It's just nice to see that he's still moving forward with me in other ways. I can respect him not moving forward physically with me until I'm legally divorced...it just sucks! LOL It shows me that he's not in it for the wrong reasons. Guys, he's pretty close to my version of perfect. I respect the hell out of him. I mean, it takes a big heart and a good man to be a volunteer fireman. As the saying goes "A volunteer fireman is unpaid, not because they're worthless, but because they're priceless."
I'm so blessed!! I have all of you wonderful ladies, a wonderful family, friends that I don't know how to live without, and the man that is potentially the love of my life!

3 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

Oh my, well he seems like a good guy and his heart is in the right place. The friend dinner is always a hard one. Looking forward to hearing about your court case.

8 years ago

That's awesome! I never had the friend dinner, we were all friends from the start so there wasn't really anyone new I had to worry about. Now when we have the friend/coworker meeting, it's them worrying about me liking them...lol!

Glad things are working out well for u! Just go with the flow, no more assumptions!! =))
Have a Merry Christmas! xo

8 years ago

Ah yes, the meeting of the friends. I can totally relate - my DH has a very close group of friends and I was terrified to meet them. I love them all dearly now. I take it as a good sign that he's introducing you to them sounds like things are going very well in that department :) Wishing you all the best with your court case and Merry Christmas! Keep us posted on everything :)

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo