Community post

Journal

Facebook jokes?! Not F-ing funny. *Not really TTC related, just a rant*

Have any of you seen someone post the "I'm going to be a daddy/mommy" joke on facebook? It's a fake post used to trick people that is supposedly hilarious. This is not hilarious or even relatively funny when it's your father-in-law posting this "joke". It's not funny no matter WHO posts it. I woke up to a text from my mom telling me about it but she didn't read the comments to see if it was real. Hubs woke up in the middle of me looking for said post and flipped out. Had this been real, is this how his dad would tell him/us? His dad and his girlfriend know that we've been trying for awhile without luck. How could they assume that this wouldn't upset us, real or fake? I went through a myriad of emotions in a short 5 minute span of time before hubs determined that it was a cruel joke. I was heartbroken, jealous, angry, and embarrassed. I'm still a little upset because all this did was throw it in our face. Hubs is already disappointed in them for not bothering to even text me "happy birthday". This Monday has exhausted me at this point. My mom decided to add insult to injury and comment on the post and his dad immediately texted. I responded and turned my phone on silent and "do not disturb" so that I can get through the day without hearing my phone go off repeatedly with useless excuses. I'm sure we'll have a cluster-fuck of stupid shit to deal with at the end of the day.

I sure do hope y'alls Monday is going better. Baby dust and hugs!!

12 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Comments | Last Page

((((Hugs)))) It's early, praying that your day will turn around for the better.

8 years ago

(HUGS) hoe your day improves xx

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

8 years ago

* Hopes :)

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

8 years ago

Hahaha, "hoe your day improves"...too funny!

Try not to let it get to ya, u know the type of person he is...dont let him or anyone else ruin ur day! Ever!!

Chin up!! =))

8 years ago

Thank you Kandi!

Too funny, Gem! lol I almost died when I saw your first comment. ;)

Sandy- hahaha, right!? It was just a rude wake up call. Of course my mom had to stir the pot. She means well but the ricochet will come back at me, not her. HE didn't used to be like this until SHE came along. I don't know what it is about everyone in hubs family but they have a crude and cruel sense of humor that I just don't understand. Oh well, I'm moving passed it...I just needed to let it out. Hubs doesn't understand why I let it get to me, but I don't have a thick skin so joke or not, it got to me.

8 years ago • Post starter

Uuuggghhh that type of behavior drives me batty. Sorry you are faced with it, on a Monday no less. Hugs!

8 years ago

Haha sorry the Typo :) but glad it made you laugh xx

8 years ago

Good decision to turn off the phone. These days people don't know any more the difference between a good and a bad joke; thoughtless and definitely NOT funny. Hugs, and keep that phone on "do not disturb"!

8 years ago

there are some things that just shouldn't be joked about IMO. Hugs and hoping your day improves :-)

8 years ago

Lib-That's the worst part! Monday's suck normally but add that kind of scare...not good. Thanks. Hugs!

Gem- It did. Thanks for that. :)

Robin- It is. Thank you. FX for you too!

Mozart- Ain't that the truth! I don't understand what's so funny about it? It's funny to trick (some) people into being happy for you? You repay their kindness by calling them "suckers"? It just doesn't make sense WHY it's a joke. It's not April Fools. Unfortunately, his dad sent me a nasty text telling me that my mom "needs to check herself". Hubs is pissed because it felt like a dig at both of us so he's going to be confronting his dad after work...and he took the phone off my hands (since we share). Thanks for the support. Hugs and good luck tomorrow!

Sonata- I 100% agree. If this is their idea of humor, I don't plan on subscribing. Hugs and good luck this cycle!! FX

8 years ago • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo