Community post

Journal

27 Years Old and Just Starting to Understand My Body

After being on birth controls for practically my entire teen and adult life, I find myself in the middle of my second cycle since discontinuing the pill. I feel like I'm truly getting to know my body for the first time in a lot of ways. I am so psyched that I am in my 2nd cycle, because I have a point of comparison for what is happening this cycle. I am also thrilled that I ovulated once 3 weeks after stopping the pill and all signs make it look like I will ovulate again in a couple of days. Since I was diagnosed with PCOS early in life (and therefore put on the pill), I wasn't sure what my body would do or not do without the synthetic hormones. So, I am so fortunate that everything is working properly so far!

My first cycle, I ovulated on CD 21. Currently, I am on CD 18 and I am seeing signs of entering a fertile period. EWCM, higher and softer cervix, an increasingly dark lines on my OPK tests (hoping for a true positive test result tomorrow). I've also noticed ovary pain on the left side, as well as some pimples on the left side of my chin, which might correlate.

So, I can't wait to see a rise in my body temperature again, assuming that I do actually ovulate. Last month, I was a serious slow riser for temps after ovulation and I'm hoping to see a more dramatic rise this time. Also, I'm crossing my fingers that my luteal phase lasts more than 9 days (or that I get pregnant of coarse). I am going to keep reminding myself that I should be pleased that I ovulated, even if I don't get pregnant. Especially since ovulation problems (which are obviously tied to hormonal imbalances) run in my family - both with my sister and mom.

Can't wait to see what happens during the next few days!

1 Comment • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Good luck! Your title is exactly how I feel too :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo