Community post

Journal

Excited for another chance to conceive

This is my second cycle since stopping the birth control pill. My last cycle, I ovulated on CD 21. This cycle, I thought I may have ovulated around CD 14, but my temperature did not continue to increase, so it appears that I did not. Today is CD 17 and I'm getting excited for another chance to conceive! I know I might not always feel this positive, so I am enjoying it while I can. Because of my PCOS diagnosis, I do worry that I will stop ovulating, perhaps once my body is back to it's pre-pill hormonal composition. But, so far, this cycle looks similar to the last, so hopefully I will O in a few days.

I am using OPK's for the first time this month. So, far all tests have come back with a line, but not a dark enough line to be a positive. I started testing again this morning and will test every 12 hours for the next few days (or a little more). I am excited to see if this helps to confirm my ovulation!

I also started an extra 50mg of B6 vitamins this cycle, so I'm also excited to see if my luteal phase lengthens. Last cycle, it was 9 days...I would love to see even an increase of a day or two this month.

Last cycle, I really was obsessing about all of this and I had convinced myself I was pregnant. Then, when I got my period 10 DPO, I thought I had essentially lost the pregnancy. However, I never had a positive pregnancy test, so there is no way to confirm my suspicions. When I thought I was pregnant though, I told several people and then felt dumb having to tell them that I got my period. So, I now know to keep things to myself until I can confirm them. And even after I have a positive pregnancy test, the only person I should tell is my husband until I see things continue to go in a good direction after for another couple weeks or so (at least).

Anyways, I am anticipating my body releasing another egg and hoping for the best! I have always envisioned telling my family that I am pregnant around the holidays, like on Thanksgiving or Christmas. We'll see if it works out that way. It would be funny if it did.

0 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo