Community post

Journal

Back to the Real World

I just returned from my lovely week long vacation up north. Our family cottage is my favorite place in the world and I treasure every moment I am able to spend up there. My sister and mother made it clear as soon as I arrived that they did not want to have any conversations having to do with the "p" word, as my mom said. I was a little surprised how not supportive they were regarding my desire to get pregnant. But, I decided it would be best to move on and not get upset and I ended up deciding to "take the week off" from charting. It was probably best that I did take a break, since I was becoming a little obsessive. However, now that I am back home, I am ready and excited to return to focusing on getting pregnant.

I have been taking 50mg of B6 vitamins every day with lunch or breakfast (along with 15mg in my prenatal vitamin), which I started 8 days ago at the beginning of this cycle. My doctor gave me the OK to do this. I am very interested and anxious to find out if there is a change in my luteal phase this cycle. If I see no change, I will probably try bumping my B6 up to 100mg per day.

I have now been off of birth control pills for about 5-6 weeks now and I have completed one cycle after stopping birth control pills. So, I am excited that I now have a month of experience charting, including checking my CM and cervix position. Now I have the start of a base line (although it might be weird because of being on the pills for a long time). But, at least I have something to compare this month to. Last month, I ovulated on Day 21 and got my period on Day 31, so we'll see if things change this cycle. Also, I ordered some OPK's from Amazon and will have them in a couple of days, so I will start doing test strips as well to help confirm that I am ovulation and when I am ovulating.

I feel positive and excited! I also feel less stressed out and more relaxed than I did last month. I have decided that I should not only focus on getting pregnant, since I don't know how long it will take. It doesn't make sense to put other parts of my life on hold for this because it is too unpredictable. Regardless of how hard I try, I will NOT be able to control the outcome of the situation. I may be able to sway the chances of pregnancy one way or the other, but I certainly cannot control it. It feels good to stop trying to control the situation!

0 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo