Community post

Journal

Am I pregnant?

Well, here I am. 8 days past ovulation (officially 9 days past ovulation in 4 minutes). My husband sleeps peacefully next to me as I wonder if I have a baby growing inside of me. It's hard to believe that I only stopped taking the pill about a month ago and I already suspect I may be pregnant. And, I only realized a couple of days ago that I must have ovulated the day I was super horny and found a large gob of fertile (egg white) mucus inside of me.

I'm going nuts and now my husband is going nuts having to deal with me. Starting two days ago, on August 12th, I started having cramping. It seemed very unusual. It felt like my period was coming on. I checked the possible ovulation date again and did some research to find out it was possible that the cramping was due to implantation. But, I thought, probably not. Maybe if I have a temperature spike the next day from implantation hormones. Then I did....my temp was up significantly. However, since I've never completed a normal cycle before, I have nothing to compare my BT pattern to.

Starting yesterday (7 DPO), I starting feeling nauseous, very hot in the face, and a little dizzy. (Somehow this seems like it was a week ago. Time has been crawling by and it is due to my level of obsession with the situation.) I had my husband take a look at my breasts to see if he could notice any changes. We speculated that my aureolas might be a little darker in color, but we weren't positive.

Last night I woke up at 4am with more cramps and the need to urinate (pretty unusual for me). I went to the bathroom and took my first pregnancy test at what felt like the middle of the night. It was a big fat negative.

This morning I woke up with a temperature that only dropped 2/10 of a degree from it's high state. Today I still felt weird - it's sort of hard to explain. Still nauseous at times (although nothing to extreme). And I just wasn't quite feeling normal. More pressure and slight cramping in my lower abdomen at times.

So, here I am, with no self control. I will be administering another pregnancy test tomorrow morning because I have no patience. I just want to know. And I especially want to know before I leave for a week long vacation with my family in just 3 days. My husband will not join me until half way through the vacation, so things could get interesting. Keeping my own secrets is not my forte. But, my husband insists I need to wait until he is there to tell my family I'm pregnant (that is, if I actually AM pregnant), and he is absolutely right.

Let's hope I have more to share in the next couple of days (such as a positive pregnancy test). Hopefully I can get a little bit of sleep tonight.

2 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

You may not get the BFP (even if very faint) until 4-5 days after suspected implantation. But that doesn't sound far away for you!!
I know know I had implantation bleeding at 7DPO with the intense cramping right before hand. Then waited an eternity (4 days) to test. Got the faintest BFP at 10DPO. Was BFN on 8DPO...
Hope you DO have the good news coming soon!!
GL - hope you get some rest :)

10 years ago

Thank you MeeWeee for your support! I hope I am pregnant, but more and more I'm doubting myself. My temperature has gone down a little bit and I wonder if that is a bad sign? Well, I guess I will find out by next week at the latest. The cramping seems to continue (unless I'm making it up!)

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo