Community post

Journal

With the quickness...

So many things have happened. Wonderful things. I can't even believe how smoothly this is going, and am waiting for the bad to come crashing in. Here's a quick breakdown...

I was lucky enough to catch a cancellation appt at the R.E. Which meant we went in on Monday, a week after calling to set the appt.

All of my files/paperwork/history made it where it was supposed to go, and quickly.

The Dr was WONDERFUL! Very nice and mellow, but also quite straightforward. I love straightforward.

After discussing my history, we decided to try the same dose of clomid that I took to have my son, 150 for 10 days, not 5. The whole week while I obsessed, wondering how things were going to go, I kept thinking of all the different scenarios. Whether they will want me to try longer. Whether we will start with the lowest dose. In my mind, this option was by far the most favorable(I never had ANY sign of ovulation before, even with the 2 cycles of 150 for 5 days) but also I figured the least likely. I was happy to be wrong. They sure aren't wasting time!

We also planned on meds to start my cycle, but period started on it's own that afternoon!

A quick ultrasound to check my ovaries today, which are very cysty, but only small ones. And now I will be starting the clomid tomorrow! I can not believe how much quicker this is going than last time. I know it isn't definite it will work. But we have plans for if it doesn't. A lot of possibilities.

With Bubby, we were ttc almost 9 months before my pcos diagnosis, and the Dr said no fertility meds until after a year. I wasn't a fan of her anyway, and didn't want to wait since we knew there was a cause. By the time I found a new Dr, they wouldn't do meds for more than 6 months because of my cysts/hormone levels. Then it was 6 cycles of clomid before they sent me to an R.E. As you can imagine, I was expecting more of the same. This Dr to send me back to my regular Dr saying it was too soon. Starting off at 50mg. Being told to just wait it out. I was thrilled to see how quick and efficient they were.

Hubby and I are very... Active... So we are skipping the mid month ultrasound. I will go the 4th and the 11th for blood work to check my progesterone level to see if I showed any signs of ovulating. If I did ovulate, but am still not pregnant, we will do some of the other tests, checking my tubes and his swimmers. Fingers crossed this is it!!

Mama to 3(14, 10, & 6). PCOS. 2 clomid pregnancies(150 10 days). Hoping to complete our family soon

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo