Community post

Journal

I got my BFP but low HCG

I'm still in shock.

Backstory because I haven't updated in forever. Due to the 'rona, my fertility treatment was put on hold. I was able to do one cycle of clomid with the trigger shot and one without it because on the day I was supposed to go for my scan, sh*t hit the fan and everything was shut down. AF came and I figured that was it for a few months. I didn't use OPKs. I barely temped because my sleep has been jacked. I mean, we still DTD because but it was for funsies I checked out from TTC because I figured it was highly unlikely anything would happen until fertility treatments started back up. My plan was to be rested and in a good mindset to dive back in when we could.

That said, I still tested all last week with FMU as I waited for the telltale bleeding to start. Each was negative, and I wasn't surprised.

On Friday evening(CD35), I noticed how tender my breasts were. I'd already gotten a negative pregmate that AM but I took the last FRER I had sitting around. There was such a faint line, I chalked it up to being an indent. I know FRER has had nasty ones lately.

Then on Saturday AM(CD36) I took another pregmate and there was a light line, but it was there. I had to do a Target pickup, so I added FRER and Digitals on. That afternoon, my digital was negative but the FRER was there and a bit darker than the day before.

Sunday early AM(CD37) FMU's FRER was liiiiiiight. Like, non-existent. But the pregmate was darker. I held for four hours and took a FRER again, and it was darker. Phew. Sunday afternoon I took a digital and it said Pregnant! Yay.

I went for a BCHG lab on Monday morning, which was an experience with the virus hoopla. A nurse from my fertility center called that afternoon to say that my BCHG was only 33. Loooooow based on my cycle start date. I am hopeful that it is just early and I ovulated late. After all, I didn't even get my first BFP until CD36, and I was checking. There is a chance that, like the last two times, it will be a chemical pregnancy, but I hope not. I go for more labs tomorrow AM, so they double. I'm attaching a pic of my pregmate progression. In November, my tests never got darker which was how I knew something was wrong. In January, I didn't even know I was pregnant until it was already over, so that doesn't tell me much.

I am trying to stay optimistic while also staying cautious while also not getting ahead of myself. Easy, right?

user submitted image

Mama to 3(14, 10, & 6). PCOS. 2 clomid pregnancies(150 10 days). Hoping to complete our family soon

1 Comment • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

That progression looks really great! Fingers crossed for great news tomorrow. Congrats!

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo