Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 4

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies out there who are using clomid to help them conceive. Feel free to express your every emotions and you can never give TMI, remember we are all on the same page and have heard it all! So welcome to the group!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

297 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

121 - 130 of 297 Replies | Last Page

loopylyns-don't count yourself out yet....I have missed my pos opk more than once just because it came early, or I only tested once a day. I found that testing 3 times a day i always catch it! But you have to have a bucket load of pee sticks for that.....

I'm believing you just o'd early so dont give up hope!!!!

Felurian-looks like we will be testing the s ame time.....how long do you think we can wait??

User Image

11 years ago

Hey there ladies! Looks like a lot of us are in our TWW and pretty close to each other. I am currently 4dpo. Something different happened around ovulation this time. Normally once I get a positive OPK, it will be positive for the next couple days and then I just stop testing. This time, I had my positive OPK (I used a digital and it was very dark), then the next couple days they have just been negative. Also, is it possible to ovulate from both ovaries at a time? I normally can feel when I ovulate, usually the O pain is just on one side with bloating. It always feels like that eggy is trying to get out of my ovarie and my ovarie definitely feels large and tender. This time it felt like there were eggies trying to get out of both sides. Later on ovulation day it felt like one had released and soothed my left side, then a few hours later the other side went. I don't know for sure, that's just how it felt. Something else thats going on with me, I can't decide whether or not I want to try a natural cycle next cycle (if needed). I've been feeling fine with the clomid lately, but around the beginning on this cycle, I had horrible anxiety and moodiness. I am on my 4th round of clomid and I also worry that clomid is making my environment hostile, but we use preseed to help with that. Thing is, I don't ovulate without clomid and I'd hate to go next cycle and not ovulate at all, but I've heard clomid stays in your system for up to 3 months. Kind of at a lost right now. I asked my nurse and she said it was up to me, but I'm still can't decide. Any advice, ladies?

User Image

11 years ago

Jamie, it's a hard thing to try to decide, to know whether or not you are making a good decision to go on a "break" or not. I can tell you that I know of two girls on one of the other threads I am on who both got their BFP's on their "break from clomid cycle". They both ovulated naturally on the break cycle when (I believe) that neither of them did before starting clomid. The clomid does stick in your system for awhile after stopping, and sometimes it can even kick start your own natural ovulation regularly.

If I'm right, you are still under 30, so for as much as one hates to hear it, you do have time still on your side. I took a few breaks over the years. It helps to keep you motivated to keep going. I actually personally conceived on a "break" cycle. My DD was a big surprise, because we were waiting on CD1 to begin clomid IUI's.

Good Luck with your decision.

AFM, I managed to screw up my trigger last night. I spilled about half of the med when I was trying to get it into the syringe. I was only able to inject half the dose I was supposed to have. I went back into the clinic this morning and got a full dose as a booster, but because it was 10 hours later than it was supposed to be, it is going to throw the IUI timing out of whack.

I'm actually hoping that it's a good thing though, because normally we are on the back-side of the 36 hour timing window, closer to 40 hours. This time we will be on the short side of it, at about 28 hours after the full dose and 38 hours after the half dose. Hopefully that will actually have me ovulate just after the sperm is put back, so that they'll all be there ready and waiting for the egg.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Hi Ladies

lisserb~How do you feel after the trigger shot? Any symptoms? this your cycle for a

JamieNix~I experienced anxiety while on Clomid as well. I have also read that some women get pregnant during their "break". Unfortunately I wasn't one of them. I haven't taken Clomid for 2 cycles now and my Progesterone results have decreased considerably since I stopped taking it. I find this so odd because before Clomid my progesterone was quite good and I seemed to ovulate on my own, but not anymore. More then likely I didn't ovulate on my own every month and when I had the check prior to starting clomid must have been a lucky month that I did. with your decision!

to all of you in your TWW!!

User Image

11 years ago

there are a lot of us in 2 week wait. Going on my temperature rise and the darker (although still not as dark as control) OPK im going to put my ovulation as CD15 this month. Im absolutly shattered from all the bd ing we started on day 8 and been every other day. In previous months I was getting really disheartened with the bd ing as it wasnt really fun, no matter what. Finished reading my book now though, and me and other half are joking about "oh here we go again, what fun! " which is making us giggle x

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Hey all,

Just got back from my IUI. I'll start with the good...his total count was 92.9 million. We ended up with 9 million post wash and they had 59% rapid motility. The not so good news was that the morphology was 0%.

I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about this round now. I was feeling really good with the numbers until I called to get the morphology number. The tech did say that abnormally shaped sperm can still penetrate an egg, so there is some hope, though I'm not holding my breath this time.

I'm pretty sure that this will be our last IUI. We are both pretty done with them. If this one doesn't work, we will be taking the summer off, and will probably try IVF in the winter.

I'm in the TWW now with you guys, counting today as O day.

Babylove9, I don't really get any symptoms from the trigger shot, except a little bloating. I ended up with a huge bruise this time from it, and a welt on the other side where I did the booster shot.

Good Luck to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

It's been so quiet the last few days. I check a few times a day and it's so disappointing to not see new posts!

So, I just saw an ad in my area for a fertility clinic wanting egg donors. They pay really well, about $5000 per retrieval. My husband and I would totally be willing to do it, but I don't think they'd take me as a donor because of my infertility. Anyone have any experience with something like this, or know anything about it?

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Felurian - I thought about doing egg donation years ago when I was in graduate school but never did.

Good luck lisserb!

AFM - I'm still waiting on a positive opk. I'm on cd 16. Fingers crossed I get one soon.

User Image

11 years ago

Im trying not to get my hopes up. When I started trying I tracked religiously but it ended up just making me worse, used to get loads of symptoms (except my temperature would go up and down in the TWW). I started tracking again this month. Currently on 7DPO (despite what my ticker says cant work out how to change it!) Im gassing and peeing for Britain, keep waking up in the middle of the night (im a terrible insomniac normally but once im asleep stay asleep and normally sleep in on Saturday til 2 to catch up) been waking up about 3 or 4 every night this week and was up at 7.30 on Sat. My nipples are sore to the touch, my boobs are bigger (noticibly even though im normally a 34 E) Im having incredibly vivid dreams to the point where I actually thought Id changed the alarm on my mobile phone and started panicing when i woke and realised it was actually Friday and I did have to get up for work) I hadnt changed it luckily. Ive had twinges and feelings like pulling etc, constipation, and im still really weepy. temperature has gone up every morning since the dip after what I think was my ovulation. trying to ignore them all but we shall see. thinking of everyone else on their TWW xxxx

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Hello Ladies.
hope everyone is doing good. I am taking this month off of clomid since i have done 4 rounds with all bfn. I want to see if I ovulate by myself. I am on cd 12 today. I did one test on cd 10 and neg. Was busy for yesterday super busy and didn't test till 7pm. Earlier in the day had some cramping and told dh i was going to ovulate in the next few days. At 7pm only test that day i got a smiley face. I was happy and nervous at the same time. I tested two hours later and a circle which is negative. Then at 3 am today tested again and circle. 9am a circle again and getting lighter. Do you think I hit my surge? I am so confused that we bd this am just in case. My temp hasn't diped but am going to keep testing to see and hoping a temp dip tomorrow. What is anyone thoughts? I am trying to stay relaxed this cycle because the last 2 cycles on clomid where super hard with the bfn. I got really down and not wanting that to happen again this time.
Hoping to see some BFP soon.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo