Community post

Question

So, IUI didn't work for you, what next? You aren't alone, please read:)

Hello ladies! I've noticed a lot of IUI posts on here lately and I just wanted to give hope to those who are coming up to their last IUI or have had low counts in where IUI is not recommended. First off, I am giving you a huge cyber hug! I've been where you've been and felt the ups and downs of infertility. My DH's counts where anywhere from 2 million to 18 million and slowly declined. I had him on all sorts of sperm boosters and nothing seemed to work. I had it in my mind that if IUI didn't work, it wasn't meant to happen. Trust me that if it gets to that point you will be surprised how you react. IF it does get to the point where you are unable to conceive through IUI and feel you can't afford IUI I would strongly suggest travelling to Canada for IVF. The place I went to was $6,000 +drugs. The meds added up to around $1200. I know this is still VERY pricey but compared to the $20,000 IVF stories I hear about, it's a steal and often works the first time!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Donor sperm is also a viable option.

11 years ago

I agree, we move onto ivf from iui this month, and although it's very disappointing it's what we have to do to get our bundle of joy. Australia's prices aren't bad. Outright for us it's $8500 however cause of our health system it only costs us $3000. There are cheaper clinics however we went with the best. Baby dust to all

User Image

11 years ago

I am currently doing IUI with donor sperm because my husband had a failed reversal. :( We are only on try #2 so I don't know if our rounds with IUI will work. If not, we will have to assess our finances and try a low cost IVF. We cannot afford the $20k but may be the Canada prices. We live in Wisconsin so it wouldn't be a huge trip for us. Do you know how long a stay would have to be for the procedure? About a week maybe?

Kelleyll23 ME: 31 yrs Unexplained Ovulation issues DH: 46 yrs failed reversal (06/2011) 12/2012 - IUI #1 = BPN 01/2013 - Didn't Ovulate 02/2013 - Tubes flushed 03/2013 - IUI #2 = TWW, AF due 04/07

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo