Community post

Question

Positive opk in the tww?

Hello all
I am so new to all these forum discussions, this is my first posting so i hope to get some opinions or information on your experiences. Been trying to conceive for 5 years with no luck.
I have read a lot about positive opks in the tww that turned out to be BFP. Some stories i read did not update so i never could find out what happened to those women who spoke about it.
I do have pcos and i have taken clomid 100 cd 3-7 this cycle and i have been using opks to predicted my ovulation which came 11 May.
I have been having cramps since i Oed on the 11th and it has been a consistent heavy feeling in the middle of abdomen below belly button. Insane back pain and bb's are sensitive and crazy bloating. Decided to take another opk as the negative effects of pcos, i thought maybe i didn't ovulate, even though test line was darker than control.
At 4 dpo i was positive (i used clearblue smilie) and 5 dpo (today) also positive. Thanks for your responses

9 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I have never used ovulation tests along medication so I can't inform if they work with them. I think your best bet would be to temp as well and take your baseline temp every morning before you even get out of bed. It will tell you if you ovulate and confirm ovulation. Plus you could check your cervix for ovulation I find it very useful to confirm and know when it's close. It won't confirm if you are pregnant though mine didn't change till I was 5 weeks.

6 years ago

Maybe also try the dual smiley and flashing one! It drove me almost insane but it also meant that we were tv a lot more! Plus remember it's just as important to try the days before ovulation sometimes waiting for peak is too late

6 years ago

Also sorry I'm confused you got peak 4/5 days past ovulation??

6 years ago

Hi Taylorv03
Thank you for responding. I got a positive the late afternoon on the 11th, test line was darker than control, and a positive the 12th. I tested again the 13th and 14th and both were negative, then 15 and 16 positive.
I have heard about tempting. I think it is my best option since i have heard only good things about it. I don't know how to check my cervix, i am a CM checker and that tells me when i am fertile. What was interesting though when i took the stick out the control line was light compared to test line and as far as i know, it should be opposite.

6 years ago • Post starter

I wonder if my opk is faulty, but it did show negative uhhggg. only time will tell. I will definitely keep posting as i am sure some ladies are going through the same thing.

What cd was May 11th? How was ur cm when u got the second set of positives?

6 years ago

Hey Dakotagurrl

The 11th was cd19. My cycles are all over the show, one month can be 31 days, another months can be 37 days, last month was 46 day. My CM was (TMI) lotion like with small pieces of white egcm, nothing like the stretchy stuff on the 11th.

Ah ok! The reason I asked is becuz some women test a bit too early/close to their last dose of clomid, which can render false positives. I asked about cm to see if it was in a fertile state, which could indicate that O didn't take place when originally thought. That being said, I would def consider ur O to have taken place when ur thinking it did. With opk's, it's very common for them to go positive in the middle and/or at the end of the luteal phase. It is no indication of pregnancy, it's just a normal surge that most aren't aware happens, thus leading them to believe their ovulation test caught their pregnancy. Levels fluctuate whether pregnant or not.
Hopefully u get some good news in a week or so.
Good luck! =))

6 years ago

Thanks Dakotagurrl

Well i tested again last night and this morning and it was negative. I did BD this morning, if this was my O then i hope i didnt miss it. still feeling like an irritating mild twinges in lower abdomen yesterday and this morning and my back was in pain when i went to bed, so hopefully i have something growing. Now i am not sure when to start counting, think i will stick to my first O date. Will keep these updates coming

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo