Community post

Question

What is going on?!!

Long story short:
2 weeks ago (one week before expected period) I had spotting and lower back pain and period cramps. Good indicator of implantation.
Week later period didn't come. Negative tests everywhere.
Two days later I bled so thought "here's AF" only for it to stop a day later. Poof. Gone. My periods usually last 6 days - at least 4 of heavy to normal bleeding.
Then a day after that I spotted brown and continued to spot brown for two days. Didn't need a liner or tampon.
So I took another test. Negative.
So I went to doc who didn't seem bothered and gave me another test. Negative.

I'm six days after "period" started and I've lower stabbing pain every so often, sore boobs. And a high, soft, but open (I think) cervix.
Ovulation test and pregnancy tests are negative.

Had blood taken today.
Oh and I've on/off headaches. Which are a pain. But it's mainly this stabbing that's getting me down.

What do people think is going on?

3 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I have a similar situation. 9 dpo I started spotting dark brown, but my bbt showed a dip and I figured implantation bleeding. That spotting didn't stop until today (17 dpo). I took two tests - one 13 dpo, one 15 dpo, both negative. I'm also due for AF today (she usually shows in the morning, nothing yet). My temp has continued to be high since ovulation; and it usually drops just before AF. I had blood drawn yesterday morning and they told me my hCG level was 15. So either I am pregnant, or I'm coming off of a chemical pregnancy. I have another blood draw scheduled for tomorrow to see if my levels are doubling or dropping. My guess is you're in the same boat and your hCG levels are too low to be picked up by a hpt just yet. Here's hoping both of us show doubled numbers the next blood test around!

7 years ago

I had a blood test done but I'm told it'll be a week before I get results?
It's so frustrating

7 years ago • Post starter

A week seems a bit long to wait! I had mine back in a few hours. They also checked for thyroid issues and ovarian cysts. Thyroid came back negative (thank God); cysts I'm still waiting on. One more blood draw later today to see what my levels are doing. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo