Community post

Question

Positive pregnancy test and one day of very heavy bleeding then nothing

Hi everyone - I'm looking for someone who has gone through something similar to give me some advice.
My period was 4 days late. I'd had a chemical pregnancy last cycle and had tested too early (if I hadn't I probably wouldn't have know) so I waited a food few days before testing. It came up positive. Faint but definitely there on a first response.
Next day I woke up to cramps and heavy bleeding. Worse than the start of my period (I usually spot for two days then flow). But now - it's stopped. One day of heavy bleeding (today)? Now nothing.

I've a blood test tomorrow. Did another first response and got another faint positive today. Anyone else has this happen? My doctor says I'm miscarrying but that was when my flow was heavy earlier. Now - nothing

My period is usually 4 days long. 6 if you count the spotting beforehand. Last month's period after my chemical was 1 day spotting and 2 days period. This month I had a few hours spotting before bed then a heavy flow today?

2 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Cramps and bleeding during pregnancy are never a good sign. It is possible to have cramping and bleeding and then not miscarry. But at the very least what you're describing would be a "threatened miscarriage."

Hopefully your blood test gives you some good news!

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

7 years ago

Thanks NamelessAria
Bleeding has stopped but now testing negative. Very odd to only have one day and a half days of bleeding. You'd expect more? :/ Not less than my normal period! Anyway... I've made my peace with it.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo