Community post

Question

Do you believe in the homemade bleach pregnancy test?

Well I'm just curious to see what people think. I've been thinking I was pregnant as I had all the symptoms but then a day late I started to bleed. I was so sad but the symptoms continued and became more obvious so I decided to try this test (since I didn't want to have to use an expensive test just to see a negative). Well, just like the instructions said, the bubbles fizzled over the top with the bleach test! I'm thrilled and yes I'll take a real test again but I wanted to know what everyone else thinks about the bleach test. Has anyone else found it to be accurate or has even tried it??

5 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I tested this out, and I don't think it's reliable. I'm 20 weeks pregnant, and when I mixed equal parts urine and bleach, nothing happened lol. Got a few little bubbles on the top, but not frothing like you're supposed to get when pregnant.

If you believe you're pregnant, take another hpt and go see your doctor. Best of luck to you ^)

8 years ago

I have never heard of this. So one part urine (I'm guessing first morning urine would be best) in a cup, to that add one part bleach - or the other way around? Then mix? Or just leave there and see what happens? And I'm meant to see frothing? It should happen immediately? In 3 mins time?

Now this sounds interesting!

8 years ago

To Lucidity,
Yes equal parts of urine and bleach, in no time the mixture should bubble up and fizz over the cup like soda poured into a cup. Very frothy and like a boiling pot haha. Happens immediately, it's very interesting.

8 years ago • Post starter

This doesn't work and is extremely dangerous!!! Ammonia and bleach mixed together create toxic gases. Inhaling these can poison u and destroy tissues such as ur trachea, esophagus and lungs. If u wanna test for pregnancy, go to a dollar store and buy a test.

8 years ago

I don't think it's accurate. I tried it last month and it fizzed way over the top of the cup I was super excited and had my best friend do it and the test do the same exact thing.. Neither of us were pregnant and we took multiple HPT.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo