Community post

Question

I think I am depressed.

We have been trying ttc for an entire year. We had a miscarriage at the very begining of feb. I feel consumed with pregnancy stuff and hoping and worrying and racking my brain with wth I'm not pregnant yet. I think of the miscarriage often. I need advise on how to let go of the situation. If I do not become pregnant this month, I will be moving on to IUI and fertility treatments. Does anyone else just feel super sad/angry?

13 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Answers | Last Page

Yes, I feel the same - you're definitely not alone. I had an ectopic pregnancy in July and am fast coming up on my due date. Still not pregnant. I spent the weekend crying and looking at the pregnancy tests I took before I found out that my pregnancy wasn't viable. I'm still in a funk.

I had my first RE visit last week and have an hsg scheduled next week. I am terrified that my tubes will be shown to be blocked.

I'm sorry you're going through this too. It's awful! I don't have any words of wisdom, unfortunately, all I can say is that I know exactly how you feel and I am so sorry for your loss and your current pain. Hugs!

11 years ago

Thanks so much. I'm sorry for your loss as well. I am just ready to move past all the hurt and have a baby. It def sucks right now. I need to find a hobby or something lol, to distact me a bit. I hope your test results are good and that there are no blockages. I hope this neg energy leaves soon and I can be normal feeling again. Maybe I should do more yoga lol. Anyways hugs and best wishes to you. Let me know how your test goes. Lots of baby dust :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Hey Hun, I have been through so much in my life.. Yet I think I have to agree this whole pregnancy thing has taken its toll on me more so than anything else. I am so sorry for your loss I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like. For me I try and focus on at the end of the tunnel we will get our baby.. I've started going to the gym recently and oh my goodness does it make me feel better! Plus it helps you stay nice and healthy. Also I have been doing acupuncture which really helps me to wind down and just relax. I start my ivf cycle next week which is very daunting. Just focus on the future little bundle of joy that will come when they're ready.. I talk to my partner lots about it... And I also talk to my eggs and encourage them to do their thing! Baby dust xx

User Image

11 years ago

I ment to say as well speak to your gp if your really not coping.. I have been on antidepressants since I was 14.. And they do really help.. So don't be afraid to put your hand up and ask for help if you need it. There is no point in having a baby but being in too much emotional pain to cope on your own.. Be strong and ask for help if you need it xx

User Image

11 years ago

Hi ashleydshey, I can relate toyou. I have been married for almost 7 yers now, not concieved once. I magine my plight. hAve been trying since alst 4 years. Dunno wats hapening. And I am petrified to go to the gynae... I am also thinking soon will recourse to IUI/ IVF..dont want to waater more time. Am turning 30 next mnoth. I am sad and crying all the time, heneer i see babies or think about this. even reading this website gives me stress...

11 years ago

I was feeling the same - after 9 months of TTC, one chem preg and then nothing.....we have just found our that we have just a 5% chance of success (with 100mg clomid) - and that IVF would only give us a 12% chance - not good. But we remain hopefull and firmly believe that we will be parents one day. In the meantime, to distract myself I have taken up meditation and have also enrolled on art classes - which I have to say, is helping me immensely to stay positive because I am not thinking bout babies 100% of the time now....just 80% of the time!! - but it still gives my brain a break from wishing. Good luck xx

User Image

11 years ago

Wow ladies thank you for all the kind words. I am very sorry for all of your struggles as well. I told my hubby last night that I want a hot yoga membeship and I am super excited about that. I am sure we will get there eventually just super frustrated. Good luck to all of you and lots and lots of baby dust. This is just really tough. Thank you for the encouragement :)

Thanks, Ashley. Hopefully, I'll have good news and you'll get a bfp soon!

Hot yoga sounds fun! I went to the gym this week and rode my bike; I plan on going again tomorrow. Being active and busy helps, doesn't it, but it doesn't seem to take it totally away. I feel like worry and babies are a constant buzz in the back of my mind, you know? Like I never really stop thinking about it, but just get distracted by something else.

If my tests turn out okay, and especially if they don't, I'm considering chucking my opks and thermometer. Every month is grueling, you know? Waiting and hoping I'll O, then waiting and hoping I'll get a bfp, then getting disappointed when I test early and it's a bfn, then hoping maybe I just tested too early, then getting upset when I start spotting or my temp takes a dive, argh! It's just too much and I feel it's starting to affect my relationship. Then again, it's so hard to stop. I keep thinking - "maybe this month...maybe this month..."

11 years ago

Hun just watch the heat with a possible pregnancy!

User Image

11 years ago

@ Aprilbeginning believe me I know the terrible never ending cycle. Its terrible. I have decided to try and let go a bit. I am going to do all the testing this month so I stop driving myself crazy with all the thoughts that constantly run through my head. I just have to hold on to the hope that we will get our baby no matter what one way or another. :) Keep your head up. I know it sucks for sure!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo