Community post

Question

Is everyone that has gotten pregnant after a loss a complete wreck?

I had an early miscarriage in February. I just found out that I am pregnant yesterday. My tests seem a little light but they have gotten darker. For some reason I cant seem to be super happy. I am more hesitant and kinda just waiting for the ball to drop. We want this baby more than anything but I am so scared to get excited because I don't think I can handle the devastation. Anyways any reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

My story, I have 5 children youngest is 12 and I fell for them easy carried them full term...
Trying again for a baby with new partner, fell pretty easy considering I'm now 43... Lost it to an an early miscarriage was devastated I demanded answers from doc and wouldn't accept ' it's one of those thing'
Had chemical in jan..... Am now 6 wks on tues and I test everyday as like u say u are waiting for the ball to drop,
It's scary no matter what age, I'm cautious, trying to get excited
So yes I understand but one mc doesn't always mean u will have more,
Do a half urine half water test it should be as dark as ur normal test will show ur levels are going up xx gl xx

11 years ago

Yes, it never goes away. I have 3 children. Had a mc before my second DD. I was a wreck. Testing and I would even put tampons in to make sure no blood was coming. I know I know, but we all deal with life different ways....thing is there's nothing you can do. As hard as it is you just have to let life happen. Good luck and healthy pregnancy!!

User Image

11 years ago

First of all, congrats! I am so happy for you! You finally got your bfp! Just because you had a miscarriage, doesnt mean you'll have another one. I know its hard, and i often think how i am going to be when i get my bfp. I made it to almost 12 weeks with my last pg. I think you just have to have faith, and believe that whatever is meant to be will. Try to be happy and enjoy your bfp! You have waited a while to get pregnant, i think this bean is going to stick! Celebrate the beginning of a new chapter! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

11 years ago

Thank you so much! I just got back from the doctor today and they said def pregnant. The test looked perfectly normal and came back immediately so she didnt even order any blood work. I feel much better now. I'm going to try and relax a bit. :)

11 years ago • Post starter

First of all congrats!I had my mc with twins in May 2005.I was 13 weeks 5 days.I got preggo with my oldest daughter January 2006.I would not let myself be excited until I got past the point I lost my twins.I have had 3 healthy pregnancies since my mc in 2005.Just because you have one mc doesn't always mean you will have more.So relax and let yourself enjoy the next 9 months!!!I'm so happy you got some reassurance from your doctor.We are currently trying for baby #5.So congrats again and sending you lots of baby dust!!

11 years ago

Thank you for the kind words :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo