Community post

Question

dont laugh!! im driving myself crazy!!

so my last AF started Jan 29. and FINALLY ended feb 12. soooo long!! dont know why? but then i started the OPK finally got a postive on CD25 and it was postive for three days. first month using them. so im either 10,11,12dpo?? all the apps i use say i should have had the witch show up on march 4. but if luteal phases are 14 days. which i dont know mine. havent kept track of that. then i should start on thursday. so confused. just need some comments to get my mind at ease. i am a POAS addict. and i got a BFN this morning. but i still have my hopes up. since each month i have more and diffrenent syptoms. and i feel hopeful this month.

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

No laughing here, I know I drive myself nuts analyzing every little detail until AF rears her ugly little head!!

Are your cycles normally regular or are you just starting to chart? I ask since you had such a long period last cycle and are unsure of your luteal phase. Your LF should stay the same +/- 1 day even if your cycle is longer or shorter than usual given that you did in fact ovulate. The factor that changes cycle length is early or delayed ovulation, but once you do O it should always be the same time from O to AF = your luteal phase.

But it could be that you didn't ovulate this cycle. Usually your LH surge should last only hours in duration, not days so having your OPK be truly pos for 3 days might possibly be out of whack hormones, especially in light of your abnormal period. Do you chart your BBTs? That would be the only way (w/o a dr) for you to confirm you did O by seeing a temp shift as a pos OPK is not a guarantee that you will O.

Hope this is helpful info! GL!

11 years ago

thank you. yes it was helpful. i had the mirena in for 6.5 years so my body is way out of whack. and maybe im just not ovulating. that could be it. this is the first time ever actually TTC. the first two were very great surprises. i have not been charting my BBT. if AF shows up this month. i will do it next month. one thing i havent tried yet. and i dont know why my cycle was so long. me being on the IUD has sent my cycles going crazy.

11 years ago • Post starter

I am TTC after 8 years with Mirena. I didn't have a period at all for nearly 2 months after I had it removed and my first cycle I didn't O and had crazy out of whack hormones and symptoms for 2-3 weeks before I had that first period (actually thought I was pregnant!) My periods have been regular since then, but the timing of my cycles is completely different than before I was on BC many many years ago. I really recommend charting your BBTs. It won't give you a heads up BEFORE ovulation for timing intercourse but it will help you confirm that you are or are not ovulating and if so when you are so you can plan ahead for following months and also have calculate your luteal phase to make sure it is sufficient and will also let you know when it is appropriate to start POAS so you don't waste money testing too early and the agony of false negatives from testing too early.

Good luck and baby dust!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo