Community post

Question

bbt charting

can someone give me the 411 on BBT charting. after 8 months of TTC. im going to try BBT charting. see how that works. please and thank you. i have done it for the last three days.

13 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Answers | Last Page

You just take your temp at the same time every day as soon as you wake up, before even getting out of bed. Bbt charting will tell you exactly when u ovulate, but only after you have 3 higher temps. So you won't know until AFTER you ovulate. I suggest using opks as well as charting so u can see your surge before you ovulate. Also, make sure you check your cervical mucous. Watery and eggwhite mucous means you are fertile. You can also check your cervix, but I have such a hard time determining if its high or low. You'll get used to all the charting. Don't worry. Its easy once you get the hang of it!

11 years ago

i promised DH i wouldnt go overboard this month. i mean i was doing everything.. driving us both insane. so im just gonna take my temp. i get out of bed before he does. so it will work. and its something new..

11 years ago • Post starter

Lol. I drive dh nuts too, but not charting stresses me out way more than doing it all. Lol! If u run into any problems or have questions or need help, just message me. I am a professional chart stalker. :)

11 years ago

thank you.. will do :)

Professional chart stalker...lmao! She is...she creeps mine all the time.

Another thing, make sure u get at least 3 straight hours of sleep. Dont ever adjust the temp if u take it early or late, mark it off at the temp it is and the time taken. Make notes if ur sick (fever) or drink alcohol, they alter temps. And try to sleep in the same type of clothing and room temp throughout the cycle. Shorts and a tee one night then flannels the next will have a big difference in temps. If u get up to pee at 3am and ur temp time is 5am, take ur temps at 3, 5 wont be accurate at all. Other than that, ur good to go. Enjoy the bbt monster ur about to create. Its addictive!! Good luck!! =))

11 years ago

i usually sleep in the same thing. not the same same thing, but tank top and undies.. hehehe.. yes i am addicting to doing everything else. this might be just another monster.. but anything to see two lines

She makes a good point...don't throw on an extra blanket or anything. And adjusting temps is just silly. :)

And don't let dakotagurrl lie...she's as big of a stalker as I am! Lol! :)

11 years ago

i dont know what that even means adjusting temps.. but ok. the first day was 97.3 yesterday was 97.0 and today was 97.3 but yesterday i think its cuz i didnt temp untill almost walking out the door for work..

Adjusting temps would be taking a temp early or later than ur normal temp taking time, then adjusting the numbers via temp adjusting calculator online. It wont help at all, u definitely dont want to make ur temps bend ur chart to what looks good. Just go with the flow, if u miss a temp, u miss a temp...it wont screw up ur whole chart. This is my off month for ttc, hub wont be here anywhere near O time so theres not a chance in hell of getting preg, buuuuut becuz I'm addicted, annnnd miss brandy needs her chart fix, I still wake up at 5am and record my temps. Lol. What time do u temp at, hrwsmith?

11 years ago

ok cool. i understand that now.. im gonna make it a habit at 545. thats when i usually roll over and wake hubby up. but now. i temp first, then wake him up.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo