Community post

Question

CLOMID CONFUSION!!! PLEASE HELP...

Hi Ladies

I just wanted to know if the success rate of clomid on the 2nd cycle is good?

I finished my first cycle days 5-9 50mg, but nothing happened, got the BFN.... I thought i would try my 2nd cycle days 3-7? Would this increase my chances of conceiving?

We have been trying for 15months and i am really at the point of giving up :(

We have a son who is 3 years old and we had no problems getting pregnant with him. Also i am 22 years old and the Clomid was prescribed because i was diagnosed with PCOS.

Please give me advise, anything would be appreciated, tips, etc.

***Baby Dust To All***

Poll:
clomid days 5-9 (2 votes)
clomid days 4-8 (0 votes)
clomid days 3-7 (3 votes)

7 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I am 25 yrs old and have been ttc for 3 yrs now! I have been pg 3 times in the three years but no live births as of yet :( I have PCOS too, and am on clomid. The 1st two were accidents and the third was my 1st month on clomid 50g 5-9. I have asked my doctor almost every question under the sun about clomid and pcos so heres some pointers. Take clomid on the days your doctor has told you too, everyone is different and there are reasons they put different women on different days. Your doctor should be taking your progesterone between cycle day 18-21 to see if the dosage they have you on is working (some even do ultrasounds on follicles to see if it worked, but that isn't necessary)They wont need to do it every month just until they see that you progestrone is high.Second do not take any kind of herbal medicine (NO VITEX) with clomid, as it can affect your clomid. Smoking, drinking, and caffeine ALSO effect clomid. Clomid has the highest success rates for pregnancy out of all the pills...

Proud Army Wife since 2009 MC at 12.5 wks 11/16/2011 User Image User Image

11 years ago

It really depends on if u want quality or quantity. The closer to the beginning of ur cycle will give u quantity but not quality, and CD5-9 will yield quality but quantity will most likely be just 1. It's not guaranteed to work first try, dont get too bummed out about it. Personally, I would take it when the doctor told u to, he/she knows ur history better than anyone on the internet. Good luck!!

11 years ago

prescribed for ovulation. As for PCOS, it is a very common condition. And the effects it has on one varies from person to person and in severity. You may have cysts or you may not. You may have a period every month on time or you may not. You may have trouble with weight (insulin resistance) or not. Lack of one symptom doesn't mean you don't have PCOS. Most women with PCOS have children :) It is the most common and now the most treatable fertility problem among women. The best thing you can do for yourself and for your fertility is to be at your healthy weight and eat right. I would suggest looking up pcos diets because we do have to eat differently than everyone else. It is also recommended for women with PCOS to do cardio of some sort (even walking) for 45minutes a day 5 days a week! Good luck and baby dust to you :)

Proud Army Wife since 2009 MC at 12.5 wks 11/16/2011 User Image User Image

11 years ago

From what I gather, 3-7 is your best bet but the risk for multiples is higher. Most doctors won't tell you this because they are concerned that women will start switch the days around in hopes of having twins. After 5-9 not working for me I switched RE"s and thats whay my new doctor told me. Why 3-7? Because taking it earlier whill create more follicles. 5-9 tends to produce one quality follice and 3-7 tends to produce 2 or 3 so-so follicles. The stats are indeed better with 3-7 though. Feel free to google it, its true. Also, feel free to join the clomid forum. There are lots of ladies going through the same thing:) Here's the link- http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=15483&p=6. I hope it works!

11 years ago

Hi this might not help you but I am in the same boat. I have an almost 3 year old and we had no problems with getting pregnant and now we are trying again and been for almost a year and I was told they are going to try me on clomid! I hope the best for you!

11 years ago

Thank you for the answers.

I do understand that asking a doctor for advise is much more accurate than looking for any answers on the internet, i just think it helps to hear ANY response from regular ladies, I doubt a doctor could understand what it feels like to have all these emotions an doubts. I am verrrrrry grateful that I indeed do have a healthy 3 year old boy, and i know that there are ladies out there that would love to have at least ONE child, so in some way i am ready to accept that, but on the other hand i just feel that how could it be wrong to want more children and siblings for my son (not that i want multiples).

I would also just add that strangely enough i have a clock work period of 28 days since forever....

I decided to give it a try on days 3-7 (as my previous cycle was 5-9), i don't think giving it one last try could hurt. My doctor also suggested that we get pre-seed this cycle...

So ladies, i will keep you updated and hopefully this month is it

11 years ago • Post starter

I took clomid days 2-6 and conceived on my 3 rd round. Don't put so much pressure on yourself to make it work so soon. A woman who is ovulating normally can take 6 months to conceive, so us pcosers can expect 6 months of clomid.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo