Community post

Question

How many of you conceived having sex every other day?

DH and I are in our 3rd cycle trying for baby #1. Last month I did the OPK and found out I ovulate around cycle day 17/18. But obviously didn't conceive. first month we mainly just had sex on the days I thought I was ovulating but was way off. So this month I thought we would just have sex every other day once my period is finished. Just wondering who has done this and had success and got their BFP!!!!

<a href=

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Dh and i are also in our third cycle trying to conceive #1. I am so confused as to when i ovulate. Last month we did it every day in my "fertile window" according to CTP. But.. I still am not entirely sure when i ovulate so who knows if we missed our window! Good luck to you! If you want someone to talk to during this time feel free to add me! I am on cd9 today.

11 years ago

Have you tried OPK? This helped me figured out when I ovulated and my luteal phase. But I think just for safe measure, we wil BD every other day until AF arrives (hoping not) next month.

I am on cycle day 4.

I will add you!

<a href=

11 years ago • Post starter

We tried it but couldn't do it for longer than about a week and sex just became a chore. We did not conceive that month. I had trouble with opks as I never knew when I actually ovulated, so I never knew when to have sex because it varies so much from woman to woman! You hear to have sex before, the day of, and days after a postive opk- it's maddening! Best thing I did was throw the opks away and go back to enjoying sex.

Lindsay

11 years ago

I Understand, one month we had sex 6 days in a row, it was alot of work, but I am sure we can manage every other day, hopefully this is our month!!

<a href=

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo