Community post

Question

Temping????????

I am thinking about temping next cycle, can anyone give me a rundown as to what I am looking for when I O, possible implantation dip, and pregnancy signs, I would greatly appreciate it.

<a href=

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I've been temping, and it's really helpful for me. First of all, while temping you won't know that you ovulated until after it, so temping is not a good way to predict ovulation, but it is a good sign to confirm ovulation, especially for those who have problems with ovulating. However, if you combine it with CM monitoring, it all makes sense. Temperatures before ovulation are low. Temperatures after ovulation rise and keep high until AF arrives. If there's pregnancy, temperatures will stay high throughout pregnancy, therefore, it will be easier to see that you're pregnant before any tests work, as your temps will keep high instead of dropping slightly for AF. Implantation dip, well, some women experience it, some don't so yeah... What is it? Well, it's a drop in temperatures on one day from 7-10 DPO. And again, if you combine that dip with light spotting or cramping, you can actually know when it happened (if it did).

11 years ago

The important thing to keep in mind when temping is doing it at the same time in the morning right after you wake up. You should not move too much, before taking your temperature, so make sure to have the thermometer ready. Also, use a digital thermometer, as it is easy to see the fractions of the degree, which at the end make a big difference! Also, in order to have accurate readings you have to have at least 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Oh...and temperature readings can be affected by alcohol, late night party, being tired etc...so if you have an irregular lifestyle it might be hard for you to temp accurately. Either way, good luck!!! :)

11 years ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I greatly appreciate this. I have read that you should use temping to predict, so I do look for CM and as well as OPK's, I just thought I would try this just to see how my chart looks...:)

Again thank you!!

<a href=

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo