Community post

Question

when to start opks- having a difficult time this month:( Everything is outta whack. Plz help.

I posted previously about cycle returning after IUD. I thought my period was ending yesterday after 6 days of flow. I was experiencing brown discharge for previous 2 days. Not even enough for a tampon or pad. NOW on day 7 I started with red flow again and cramps:( What the heck is going on. Should I start my OPKs anyway? I have read so many stories about women ov at end of period-they were basically posting saying that following their docs advice and the 14 day ov estimate had kept them from getting their bfp for years. Do u think it's likely? Have any of u ov'd at the end of or right after af? I am cd 8. I was having 2-3day periods for past 6 months since IUD removal.

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I would go ahead and test at least once a day unless you are strapped for cash. I have short cycles (the last few have been 27, 24, 26). This month I had a heavier than normal AF and still had red flow on day 6 or 7. I started opk's on day 7 and got my first + on day 11 at 9 am. I usually have a "fade in" pattern so by day 8 or 9 I am getting half-strength lines on opk. Hope that helps.

12 years ago

thanks i took one last night and it was a line but not same color or darker than control. Those tests are too hard to read since it is not always ovious. I will keep up the testing to see what happens. I have 31 day cycles so it may be trial and error this month.

12 years ago • Post starter

You can post them for people to vote on! :) some docs advocate having day every other day from cycle day 10-20 if your cycles are unpredictable.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo