Community post

Question

short periods, not cycle..is this why I am not getting a bfp?

I had IUD out 6 months ago and started regular 30-31.day cycles right away. The thing is that they are only lasting 2 days plus maybe 1 of very light spotting. This month my cycle was 32 days and the first 24 hrs of af I had bad cramps and HEAVY bleeding. By the end if second day I was barely bleeding , wod say it was light-moderate and by evening just spotting. My periods were always 4-5 days with at least 3 of heavy bleeding before IUD. Whats going on? Is this a sign that I still dont have enough uterine lining and thats why I am not getting pg? We are doing all of the right things!

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I asked the same thing last week and they said "no" but I think (personally) that the lining takes awhile to regenerate. It took me 9 cycles to conceive after I had a copper iud removed in 2003. Now on my 5th cycle post Mirena (though I did have a chem pg in March).

12 years ago

You can do everything right and it still can take awhile. It took me over a year to get a BFP. You may want to check with your doctor, but even if your cycles are shorter it doesn't necessarily mean that there's a problem. I never had heavy periods and I'm pregnant now. 80% of couples will conceive within a year of trying. Just give it a little more time. GL!

12 years ago

I have short cycles too and I asked my doctor about it. He said "do you want longer cycles?" lol he said its no big deal that all periods are periods no matter how long they are! Don't fret and give it some time!!

TTC Phytotherapy 10/12 Clomid 9/12 Met 5/12, 3/08 MC 6/08 DX w PCOS "For nothing is impossible with God" - Sarah, mother of John the Baptist, said to be barren

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo