Community post

Question

should I be concerned about long period? does it affect ov? anyone with long af..plz:)

So I went from 2 days af for past 6 months since I had IUD removed to a super long af. I have been bleeding (weans down to old brown blood and then back to small amounts of red) for 8 days now and still goin. Hopefully it will completely stop tomorrow. Do u think this will affect ov date or fertility? Does any one else have experience with a long af and has it affected your fertility in any way? Thanks a bunch!

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

hi after iud is removed i have read it can take a few months for your body to get back to normal as it is get rid of all the hormones out you body i have also read that some women after removal of iud can bleed for 2 weeks

12 years ago

I wouldn't be concerned about an 8 day period. If it goes on much longer, I would call your doctor and check. I had Mirena removed in January and my cycles have not been strange. The first few months weren't very heavy and just last month (well cycle starting May 8) I bled for 5-6 days, tapered off for a day (like super light brown spotting) and then bled again on the seventh day bright red (but then it stopped again). Also-- sometimes if we have sex at the end of my cycle, it's like my uterus freaks out and says "no wait I was not done! Have some more!" I know that is yucky but it is true!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo