Community post

Question

LP 101..newbie needing serious HELP!! I am so confused..

I have a 30 day cycle and usually just count 30 days from first day of LMP to.determine when I'm due for AF. I have figured my LP to be 14-16 days based on the first day I get a +OPK to when Af shows up. So this month I ov'd early (btwn days 9-12. of cycle rather than 17). Should I recalculate when my period is due based on my LP or just expect it 30 days from last (May 22)? I am so confused..it.could make it possible for me to test already if that is the case. ALSO is 14-16 days ok for a LP? I know 14 is average but 16? I would be due for period in next couple of days if I recalculated. Thanks ladies.

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I should also add that I tested FMU with $ tree brand and got a bfn this AM. I am going to wait for your answers before heading out to buy a FRER. I don't wanna waste money bc I wasn't thinking af was due untill 22 and if that is the case I am still 7 days out which is way to early to test right?

12 years ago • Post starter

14-16 days is a great, healthy, normal LP. LP doesn't change much, so I'd say yours is 15 +/- a day, which would mean in your normal 30 day cycle you'd ovulate around day 15. If you ovulate normally on day 17 you LP is about 13 days, which is also very normal. If you ovulated early, your period would be due early. Your period would be due about 15 (or 13, depending what your true LP is) days after you ovulated. It's normal to ovulate early or late every now and then. Even if you ovulated early it may be too soon to test. Wait until AF is due/late to test again. Good luck!!!

12 years ago

Thanks. I recalculated back a few months and u were right about the. 15th +/-. I had an episode of bright red spotting with the tiniest bit of tissue in it (TMI) when I wiped this afternoon. I put on a pad and ao far nothing so...it may be IB or it validates what we did talk about.and I am getting period early!! It all makes so much more sense now. Thx so much!

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo