Community post

Question

anyone in the same boat when checking CP? plz answer if u have experience. Lately i get 0 answers:(

I have been checking CP and CM for past 6 months while ttc. Anywhere between 4-11 days prior to af arriving I start experiencing spotting during the checks (anywhere from brown to pink to bright red). It never makes it to underwear and is not present when I wipe usually. I went through periods where I was sure it was IB but now I know it means that I am not pregnant and af is on her way! Does anyone else experience this? Have you ever had this happen on the month you got your bfp? I am thinking now that the month it DOESNT happen I will be expecting a bfp. It just crushes my hopes eveeytime but on the flip side it has shortened my tww and saved me a lot of cash on hpts. Plz share your experiences. It has been a bit disheartening bc I have seen a lot of unanswered questions lately including some of mine:( Thanks.

6 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

I am sorry no one has answered your questions, maybe the pre-af spotting is due to low progesterone during your lp? Maybe for one cycle you can try the progesterone cream some ladies talk about using. If it stops the spotting for that cycle then you know what has been going on. I hear it can be picked up at a GNC store or online. I hope this helps :-)

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/gender/ctp_gender_predictor_boy.jpghttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/gender/ctp_gender_predictor_boy.jpg

12 years ago

I get this, 4 days before AF like clockwork I get pink/brownish spotting during checks. That way I know AF is on her way... I know it's my body's way of telling me that AF is coming. I've not had a bfp since I started checking so an answer to this would be grand :D
GL and baby dust to you all xxx

12 years ago

Some minor spotting before AF can be normal as long as it's light and doesn't last long. I often have pre-AF spotting and I had my progesterone levels checked and they were great--and I am now pregnant! Do not use progesterone cream unless instructed to do so by a doctor. Also, you may have a sensitive cervix, which can cause minor spotting as well. Good luck!

12 years ago

Thanks ladies..to the member who is pregnant- congrats! also, did you experience the spotting with CP the month you got your bfp? I am only having spotting when checking, nothing else. With a the symptoms I have post-ov I am thinkin my progesterone is ok. I am curious to know if everytime this happens I can rule myself out for the month:(

12 years ago • Post starter

I check my cervical position a lot, and I never spot except the day AF arrives.

12 years ago

I did have spotting the month I got my BFP... a teeny bit of brown w/ CM around 5dpo and some red blood around 9/10 dpo--implantation. GL to you!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo