Community post

Question

IN NEED OF "MOTHERLY" ADVICE! 6DPO, need help from someone who has had a preg. with these

im an currently 6dpo...and experiencing some different things. I have been absolutely exhausted for the past 4 days, been having dull/mild lower abdominal cramps that come and go through out the day...and just today have been using the bathroom more frequently and that icky metal taste in my mouth has arrived :) my husband and i had sex on the 11th of april, the silly app on my phone says i ovulated the 14th...im supposed to get my period the 28th, so this coming friday. I am just driving myself crazy and want to know if anyone has had the symptoms and indeed did end up pregnant :)

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

If you're just trusting a phone app to tell you when you ovulated, you might have ovulated sooner than you thought. The reason I'm saying that is because 6 dpo is still very early to be experiencing symptoms and you mention it's been going on for 4 days. Implantation takes 6-12 dpo and another couple of days for hcg levels to increase. You likely won't experience pregnancy-related symptoms until all of that happens. So either, the symptoms you are experiencing aren't related to pregnancy (because it's still way too early), or you got your ovulation date incorrect and you ovulated sooner than you thought. Of course, you don't have to have symptoms to be pregnant. The cycle I got my bfp I didn't have any symptoms at all (several other cycles I had tons of symptoms and never ended up being pregnant). You never know. Wait until closer to when AF is due to test. Good luck:0)

12 years ago

Hi!
My cicle is exactly like yours, period expected on the 28th. I've been having so many weird symptoms for the past 5 days as well! Cramping a lot, sometimes sharp pain (it stopped now but had it day before yesterday), can't sit down for long time, flatulente, constipation, a lot more cm than usual...and total lack of apetite. And dizziness. I never had this before and I just know something is different...If it was something I ate it wouldn't last 5 days...let's just wait and test next week! good luck!

12 years ago

definitely wait and test closer to when AF is due. I agree with the first answer - you might have ovulated earlier than you think. That said, I started having symptoms exactly 6DPO - exhaustion, sore/heavy breasts, wicked hunger, dizziness, nausea (when hungry mostly). Got my digital BFP on 13DPO (very faint positive at 11DPO). Everyone is different!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo