Community post

Question

What kind of OPK should I use?

I am new at this. Hopefully I will not have to worry about it because I am waiting now (approx. 5 dpo) to see if I am pg. BUT if I am not, I want to know what kind of OPK's I should get to start the next cycle? Thank you everyone and baby dust to all!

9 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I would suggest digital ones..they are more expensive but easier to read!!! Gl!!

12 years ago

Thank you so much! I have a question. I have seen the digital OPK's with 7 in them. How in the world can you get an accurate day from the start of your period with only 7 testers? Do you test every other day or something? I know I have a lot of question and maybe stupid ones but I really want to do this right! Thank you all!

12 years ago • Post starter

I use Walgreens ovulation Predictor Kit. It is not digital but you get 20 test strips. Works great for me. I can't afford the digitals. Good luck and baby dust.

12 years ago

Once you become more familiar with your cycles (which hopefully you won't have to) you get a better idea of when you O if you have fairly regular cycles. We've been at it a year now and I'm fairly good at pinpointing ovulation so I only use a couple opks per cycle, so the 7 pack tests work well for me.

12 years ago

Hi dmartin-- I have used that once before but we really were not trying then so I never used them all. Well, they have been sitting for at least 2 years so I am not sure if they are any more good. Figured I would just buy some more! Good luck to you as well hun and baby dust to you!!

I hope that this is your month with you being at it at year! I feel the same way you do! We have been trying for a year but I am tired of not getting pregnant so I'm actually going to start tracking now. I have PCOS so its difficult anyways. Baby dust to you hun!

I also liked the Walgreens strips too. There are 20 in the pack and they go on sale every once in awhile. CVS has a similiar kit available and I got that one once (and I think it's the same manufacturer as the Walgreen one). I also got some internet cheapies from ebay and those worked well too. Good luck:-)

12 years ago

i use opk and i use the clear blue digital as u get a smiley face or not!! the first time i ever used opk i fell pregnant!! i got a smiley face for two days and we had intercourse both nights i got bfp on opk!!
me and my partner wanted to try for baby no 2 and used opk again and i fell pregnant straight away again but unfortunately i miscarried at 7 weeks!!
This month is the first time trying again after my miscarriage and i used opk again and got my bfp 2 weeks ago so hopefully it will work again!! just have to sit and wait now!!:-)
U only get 7 tests because they say u should test with opk from day 10 and test once and a day at the same time! once u get bfp this is the best time to have intercourse as sperm lives for 3/5 days and u would ovulated!!
my periods are irregular as i have an under active thyroid thats why i use opk!! i dont know when my period would be due so i just wait a few weeks and will test for pregnancy!!
Best of Luck!! Hope this helps!!xx

12 years ago

I used Clear Blue digital test! :) Works great!!!! Hopefully you won't need it though!!! BABY DUST!!!!

12 years ago

Hey everyone!!! I think I am going to try the Clear Blue Digital OPK's with the smiley faces for the next time IF there is a next time. The 2ww is so tedious and I dislike it! This is actually my first month pinpointing everything. My husband and I have been trying for about a year with no luck. I had a temp spike today, not sure what that was about, but its down again now. I am almost 6dpo and having extreme fatigue, twinges in the abd. area, upset stomach and when I bear down the pain in abd. gets worse, and slight headache. Is this normal for 5-6 dpo? I have heard some women say they get signs immediately. Hoping for BFP soon! Thank you all for the advice and BABY DUST TO ALL!!!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo