Community post

Question

BFP after missed AF

I am on day 34 of a usually 28-30 day cycle and I am still getting BFNs. Yesterday I noticed some light brown with red streaks when I checked my cm (sorry if tmi) so I think that might have been IB. I definitely know I O'd a week later CD 22 or 24. I'm just wondering if any of you ladies out there didn't get your BFP until days after AF. What DPO where you when you finally saw those 2 lines? Just looking for something to hold onto since AF seems no where in sight. I am putting this in the early pregnancy category so the ladies who have experienced or not can reply. Thanks!

Lindsay

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

It took my sister 2 wks after her missed period! So if the spotting is not AF, then hang in there.

12 years ago

My friend did not get her bfp until she was a whole week late. I also posted earlier to someone with a similar question that on babycenter.com it says that is is normal to not show a bfp unt this time also. The site said the tests are a bit misrepresented as "early" tests bc all of their testing occurs in a controlled lab environment. All they need is to pass a certain amount of lab tests in order to claim they are valid in finding results 4-6 days sooner. They actually recommend NOT testing until you are a week late. Go to babycenter.com and search home pregnancy tests for info. That said I have found (and others confirmed when I asked about it on this site) that this happens in the lead up to my af and probably never noticed before bc I wasnt checking cp. I stopped checking for this reason bc it was driving me crazy trying to figure out whether the spotting was ib or af. Since cp doesnt seem to be a solid indicator and varies by woman to woman and day to day I figured -less

12 years ago

Usually, your luteal phase will be the same. So if you know that you O'ed later, and your LP is usually 14 days, then it's likely AF will show up 14 days after your "later than usual" ovulation. That doesn't mean you aren't pregnant, but it could mean that you are in for a longer-than-usual cycle. So, AF might not be late since you O'ed later. I had very irregular cycles, so since I tracked O and knew how long my LP was, I didn't consider AF "late" until after the usual number of LP days had passed. The cycle I got my BFP, I O'ed on day 26, so AF (for me) was due on day 40. AF didn't show up on day 40 as expected, so I tested and got a BFP.

Probably not what you want to hear, but that could explain why AF isn't here yet (but I do hope you get a BFP soon) :-)

12 years ago

I had the same problem that you did, I O'd day 21 of a normaly 28 day cycle. AF was late, I had all the symptoms I was going to start every day. I just today got my BFP 12 DPO. I used the First response early response this afternoon. I did read that you should not give up until after 14DPO and if you are still getting negatives go to your Dr for a blood test. Good Luck, Baby Dust to you :)

12 years ago

what was your outcome?

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo