Community post

Question

Cramps/Twinges after bfp?

Hey Ladies, thanks in advance for your input!

I got my bfp 2 days ago and since then have had strange cramps/twinges in my lower tummy area. Sometimes I think it's gas/constipation but I still worry. I have had absolutely no bleeding or spotting.

Did you experience similar feelings after your bfp? How long did it last?

Lindsay

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

yes I did and I am now 14 and a half weeks and I still get them now, sometimes I panic and think something bad is happening but they end up dying down, I google it and it says its just a normal thing as your body is changing everyday.
if the pains get that bad that you feel like you need painkillers then, I would let your gp know just to be safe.
congratulations and good luck.

11 years ago

I also got them when I found out I was pregnant. I even had period like cramps w/no bleeding and I was so worried. I'm 32 weeks pregnant now and I have had menstrual cramps all throughout my pregnancy at random times with no complications whatsoever. Unless there is something else accompanying it (bleeding/spotting) I wouldn't worry hun! I even had some brownish discharge around 10 weeks and freaked out but I went in and they checked me and said it was just some old blood coming out from what would've been a period. Try not to worry and enjoy your BFP! =)

11 years ago

I did during my 4th week. It felt like I had my period but no blood or even spotting. I'm only 6 weeks now but the cramps have disappeared. I get gas pains sometimes now with light twinges and pinches. As long as there's no blood and the cramps aren't extremely painful its normal.

User Image

11 years ago

Congrats! I'm only 7 weeks, but I still get them, sometimes it sort of feels like AF cramps, but most of the time it's like a stretching pain. My dr said its called "round ligament pain", and is completely normal. Most of the time it lasts a few seconds and then goes away. Hope this helps! =)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo