Community post

Question

Vbac 8 years later

I have been reading a lot about VBAC's, but I still have more questions. By the time #2 arrives, #1 will be 8 years old. Is there a good time frame of waiting that the chances of a vbac turning out well? I've read that wIting at least 2 years is best, so I'm wondering if waiting longer is even better? Does the scar tissue have less of a chance to tear if it's healed longer?

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I've been reading about them as well and from what I understand 2 years is where most drs are comfortable considering a vbac. I can't find anything saying if longer is better (I'll have been at least 5 years) but I'm not really sure how much of a difference it would make. Once it's healed thats it right? I did read that the lower the scar the safer tho but I'm not sure how you really determine that. The chance of tearing is small anyways but some drs/hospitals aren't comfortable or have the ability to do them. Make sure your dr/hospital will consider one before anything.

12 years ago

Hey there. I actually had to have an emergency c-sec (breech) with my first. Since it was an emergency, the did the vertical cut, on both my skin, and uterus. When I got pregnant with my son my OB said that even though it had been almost 6 yrs, that I was not able to have a VBAC because my incisions were vertical. When I had my son it was a planned c-sec and my dr did the low transverse cut (the horizontal one) and checked out my uterus for any scarring from my daughter. She said, based on the condition of my uterus and such that I could have one more, POSSIBLY a fourth (all of which will be c-sec). Well, its 6yrs after having our son and we are ready to TTC # 3. I know that I will have a planned c-sec again since I cannot have VBAC. Im not sure if there is a time limit to wait before having VBAC, but I know that previous C-SEC cuts matter. So if your after the waiting point you were given I'd say it's definately more about what type of cut they used.

Steph & Jason

12 years ago

Oh! And also even if your skin incision is the low transverse (side to side) your uterus incision may have been the vertical cut. Be sure to try and find out. Not many drs do that, but it is possible.

Steph & Jason

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo