Community post

Question

Ever experience annovulatory cycle?!

I consider my cycles to be pretty regular; it averages 31 days. My period in October began on the 28th & ended around Nov. 4th; I estimated my ovulation to be around Nov. 12th & my next period to begin Nov. 28th. My husband & I BD'd Nov. 4th, 5th, & 9th. On the 16th through the 23rd, I was spotting/lightly bleeding...no pre-AF symptoms, so I had no idea what was going on. Thought I could've been pregnant & took 3 HPT's (Nov. 20th, 25th, & 28th) all w/ negative results. After speaking to my GYN today, she said it sounds like I was annovulatory last month...but that it's nothing to worry about b/c some women go through this & your body "resets" itself afterwards.

Anyone ever go through this? Is it possible my TTC journey is going to now be much harder? FYI-I don't temp or use OPK's, so my ovulation is an estimate based on the calendar log I keep.

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I've had annovulatory cycles before, and yes, it's very normal. If your cycles are otherwise regular there is no reason to worry about an "off" one a couple times a year.

12 years ago

So the lightly spotting was considered your period? I am currently going through this too and wondering if its implantation or AF coming. I am also having very tender breasts.

12 years ago

It's very possible to have random annovulatory cycles but if you don't temp, there is no way to know when you ovulate and when you don't.

User Image

12 years ago

I also have just experienced my first annovulatory cycle and was worried, but now know its normal. (ive only been charting for 2months) I record my BBT and have an average 24day cycle. AF turned up today on CD24 and I've had no thermal shift or positive OPK (THOUGH THEY ARE NOT RELIABLE) all cycle. The only way you can truley tell if you have O'D or not is by charting ur BBT.
I suggest you buy a BBT thermometer to help chart.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo