Community post

Question

2 Positive OPK's withing one week?

Hi :-)

I had my second miscarriage on 4th April. After the bleeding stopped (4 days later) I started testing OPK's. Negative all the way until Wednesday the 18th... we didn't want to wait, so we started TTC straight away... i continued checking the OPK's and they were negative, negative, negative... until today when I got another positive! I had already started building my hopes up to being pregnant again... has anyone had this before?

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Sorry for your losses....I miscarried at 12 weeks last month and we already started trying too. I think being pregnant again is the only thing that will bring me out of this horrible pain! I started testing with OPK's about 3 weeks ago and got a bunch of negatives until last Wednesday when I went on to have 5 days of super positive OPK's. From what I understand after a miscarriage it can be hard for your follicles to gear up again so the LH works super hard to get you to ovulate. That's why you have so many positive OPK's I'm going to ask my doctor next week to be sure. How far along were you when you lost the baby and did you have a d&c or do it naturally. Good luck and Baby Dust! P.S. Did you find ovulation super painful after the miscarriage? I did! Maybe it's because I had to have a d&c.

12 years ago

When I m/c in Oct 2011 I had 3 different batches of pos opk's... the first batch was around cd9, then again in the middle of my cycle and then again towards the end. My temps were all over the place too. If you want to take a look at the chart from that cycle its on my page, its the 2nd chart (or middle chart). I hope this helps.. I am so sorry for your loss :( its such a hard thing to go thru. Best of luck to you and lots of baby dust to both you ladies!!!!!!!

BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE MY RAINBOW BABY FOR 6 MONTHS SO HARD FOR A

12 years ago

So sorry to hear of your miscarriage. It's likely your body gearing up to ovulate b/c it didn't the first time. Sometimes OPKs can also act as pregnancy tests, so I would also take a HPT to be sure. Good luck!

12 years ago

Opk's can't act as pregnancy tests. I am 9 weeks pregnant and have neg opk's. Please don't listen when people tell you this. Yes there was a second line on my opk recently but its not positive. It only means there is LH in my system and we all have LH in our system all the time at low levels. GL and sorry about your losses.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo