Community post

Question

OPK's - more trouble than they are worth??

I am on cycle day 8 and my bf is away until Monday. I took a Clear Blue Digital OPK at about 10am which came up positive :-( PANIC! So I ran to Boots and bought their OPK kit - I did two tests (of course) and both came up negative. This was at about 10.30am (See gallery)

Anyone know whats going on? My periods are very regular - it would almost be unheard of for me to ovulate this early. But can those tests ever be wrong? And if so, why don't the Boots tests tie back?

So confused.

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

did the dye run on the strip?? bc i got 2 flase positives my last cycle on CD 10 and CD 13.. i got my true posituve on CD 22!! i personally dont like those after this! :)

11 years ago

It did run actually! Do you think this has an impact? I really hope so! Were your false positives with the clear blue digital too..? I have fresh hope, thanks!! x x

11 years ago • Post starter

yes! if the dye ran it def can mess the results up!!and yes i was using the clearblue digi opks with the smileys when i got the 2 false positives! :) GL baby dust!!

11 years ago

God love you, lady - you've put a smile back on my face! Never thought I would be hoping for a negative!! Lol..

Thanks so much!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo