Community post

Question

Brown/Pink Spotting after BFP

Hey... I'm currently 11dpo... i have been getting positives on FRER since 8dpo (faint and getting stronger)

This PM i had a brown 'thing' when I checked myself. Not a clot - more like internal tissue?! And a little bit of very light pink spotting.

I've heard of Implantation bleeding but thought that came BEFORE the BFP? Also, I have never had Implantation bleeding in any other pregnancy.

I have a beautiful 6 year old (No Implantation bleeding) and 2 miscarriages in the last year (No Implantation bleeding) and one chemical pregnancy. I never have bleeding that ends in a successful pregnancy.

Is this it for me and this pregnancy? I allowed myself to build up hope once more... silly really.

:-(

Poll:
Miscarriage Likely (1 votes)
Nothing to Worry About (1 votes)

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

I cant really vote on that, because I wouldn't wanna say don't worry, just in-case it is something to worry about and I wouldnt wanna say its a mc incase its not - I cant imagine what this tissue thing is so I would deffo go the drs over it, but also I have had 5 pregnancies ( my 5th now) with my 4th I had brown discharge from 4 weeks 5 days, I went for a scan at 5 weeks 4 days and they sen a heartbeat and said it was prob just late implantation and left over blood from that. that pregnancy did end in a mc at 11 weeks ( baby was between 7 an 9 weeks) they said it was nothing to do with the early brown stuff :/. I never had spotting with my other 3 children an I have never had it with this one, best just speak to a medical professional good luck hope everything is ok. x

11 years ago

I cant really vote on that, because I wouldn't wanna say don't worry, just in-case it is something to worry about and I wouldnt wanna say its a mc incase its not - I cant imagine what this tissue thing is so I would deffo go the drs over it, but also I have had 5 pregnancies ( my 5th now) with my 4th I had brown discharge from 4 weeks 5 days, I went for a scan at 5 weeks 4 days and they sen a heartbeat and said it was prob just late implantation and left over blood from that. that pregnancy did end in a mc at 11 weeks ( baby was between 7 an 9 weeks) they said it was nothing to do with the early brown stuff :/. I never had spotting with my other 3 children an I have never had it with this one, best just speak to a medical professional good luck hope everything is ok. x

11 years ago

sorry dnt know why that posted twice

11 years ago

I hate to tell you but this happened to me, I went for my ultrasound. Baby was 7w 3days. Strong heartbeat, everything I wanted to see. 6 days later had brown/pinkish spotting and saw dr immediatley. They could no longer find a heartbeat and I miscarried. Please go see a doctor immedialtey. Could also be your uterus expanding but see a dr ASAP to be sure.

11 years ago

It IS hard to vote on but I can give you my experience. I got my BFP at 11dpo. 5 days later around time for AF to start I had some pink spotting and passed a long, thin clot. I saw my doctor and the baby's heartbeat was good and strong. Doctor said more than likely it was either implantation bleeding making it's way out (you might implant early, but it can take days for the bleeding to make its way out). Or it could have been breakthrough bleeding. This is when the body has not built up enough progesterone to tell the body to NOT have a period. Luckily I passed no more clots and the spotting stopped about an hour later. I am currently 12 wks and 5 days and I have had brown discharge since about 5 weeks. I told my doctor and he was not concerned. However, with any type of discharge you need to contact your doctor so they can rule out problems or infections. Congratulations on your BFP. Let us know how things turn out. Sending up tons of sticky vibes for you.

11 years ago

I am experiencing the same thing. I have also had positive HPTs for 3 days accompanied by light brown spotting - sometimes only visible if I check my CP. I am not getting too excited as I go for a few rounds of bloodwork starting tomorrow. My close friend, pregnant 5 1/2 months now with twins - second pregnancy, told me that she had some pretty period-like bleeding around this time with both pregnancies. So while it's not great, at least there is still some hope.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo