Community post

Question

So Confused!!

I had a miscarriage on 4th April. I waited until my HCG went down before monitoring with OPK's (nice and sensible) - Since then I have had 2 positive OPK's which were 7 days apart.. then last Saturday a (faint)positive HPT - then Sunday, gone.
Then yesterday I had another positive OPK!!
Yet still, no period? Of course a period isn't really what I want.. i want a positive HPT that stays.
This seems like a ridiulous amount of fluctuation - anyone else had this?

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I also had a miscarriage on 13 April. The doctor told me it can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to have your next period. According to my bbt, I ovulated about 3 days after my mc menst ended. So your cycle could def be a bit wack because of the mc. Are your hormone levels back to normal? That can also cause ov and menst to be delayed. I just did a hpt to confirm my hormone levels, and it was neg (which is good as it shows my hormone levels are non existend!). Hope this helps!

11 years ago

I had a m/c in March and my temps and hormones were all over the map. I am finally on my period, which started about two weeks after my levels were back to zero. I had positive pregnancy tests for several weeks after the m/c. The two positive OPK's may have occurred because your body was trying to ovulate, could not the first time, so it tried again. I did not ovulate after my miscarriage, even though I had two positive OPK's. Not sure about the faint positive HPT. Are you sure your HCG levels were at zero?? Some tests can detect down to 10. Just try to be patient as your body regulates itself, and know you will get back to normal soon. I wish you all the best and lots of baby dust.

11 years ago

i miscarried in feb and it took two weeks for HPT to become negative and when it did i ovulated almost straight away. I have had two positive OPK before at a week apart and then had my AF 14 days after the 2nd positive so must have ovulated late so really long cycle. GP told me you should have first AF 4-6 weeks after miscarriage. hope this is helpful to you

Me 28 DH 26 TTC since July 2011 1 angel baby Feb 2012 Hoping for a very soon!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo