Community post

Question

If you have breast implants and you become pregnant, can you breastfeed and do they look good after?

Can you breastfeed with breast implants? Will they look funny after you're done breastfeeding? How will the milk come in and what will the boobs look like? How will they look while you are pregnant and your body changes?

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

It depends. Sometimes the necessary "hardware" is damaged during implant surgery, and many times the implant blocks the tunnel that allows the milk to come out. If you get a lift and they have to move your nipples, it is no longer aligned properly and milk will not come out of it. You may also have issues with producing enough milk. Because there is a foreign body in your breast that your body doesn't account for, engorgement is usually much worse because you have the added implant taking up space, and it's often painful. Also, if your nerves were damaged in surgery there can be complications because nerves are what signal your body to produce more milk. But many women have no problems feeding with implants. You won't know until you try it.

12 years ago

I don't have implants but I did have a reduction, I know completely the opposite. I was able to breastfeed with supplementing just fine. In fact I am still going 13 months latter. If they didn't disconnect the nipple you are more likely to be able to.

12 years ago

if you had the KEYHOLE operation, yes, you should be able to just fine. and i wouldn't worry about how they look, they are meant to feed you babies.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo