Community post

Question

Experience with husband on anti-depressants while ttc?

This is our 2nd month ttc. My husband was recently switched from prozac to celexa, but I'm wondering how these antidepressants might impact his sperm count/motility?? Anyone with a personal story they know about ttc while having a partner on antidepressants? Thanks:)

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I dont know for sure on sperm count and for men, but I got pregnant on celexa.. I was taking it for almost a year. Now I am pregnant I stopped. I did have my fiancee take mens once daily to help him and I took prenatals befoe getting pregnant to help both our bodys.. Good luck and baby dust to you..

12 years ago

I don't think you need to be concerned about his spermies:) One common side effect of men (and women) on SSRIs is "sexual side effects", like lack of desire for women and inability to have an erection for men. If your hubby hasn't had problems with that, then I doubt he will!! You should be fine!!

12 years ago

I don't think you should have anything to really worry about my husband is also on meds for PTSD and the doctor did a sperm count and they said his was normal. So good luck

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo