Community post

Discussion

Positive OPK!!! ..Buut DH low sperm count?!

My DH might have a low sperm count. Also, he has to take prescribed steroids from our dr. cuz has a virus and he has asthma too and usually the only way for him to get better, is for steroids for a short amount of time. But this lowers sperm count too. We thought of him taking zinc (along w/ a multi vitamin and omega 3) to up his sperm count (thats what my uncle did when he had a low count) well we been BD'ing every other day: 8th, 10th, & 12.. today my OPK i got a SMILEY! So we wer gonna BD today. Also landed on the day we have to BD anyway. But, should we BD tomorrow too? And monday? Since he may have a low sperm count? What precaution should we take? since I don't know exactly when I should be ovulating? Please help if you can! :) We are also doing preseed.

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

My husband and I have been trying to concieve about 13 months. According to my husbands' doctor, most men produce about 60% of normal sperm, my husband only produced about 30% at the time of his SA. The urologist recommended him to increase his fluid intake and start taking a men's vitamin. He also said that sperm is created about 70 days in advance, so it takes a while for any changes you make to take effect.

With that being said, I have had some trouble pinpointing when I ovulate also. In March, I began taking OPK's at 13 days after my period. On day 14, 19, and 20 I had positive OPK's. Knowing what we knew about him we tried to BD at least once every 24 hours the whole week. At 18 dpo I got my BFP!

My advice would be to BD every day you think you might be ovulating, and then BD every other day until your period, just to be sure. Good Luck and Baby Dust to you!!!

12 years ago

Thank you sweetie for your input!! :D We lost our preseed tonight (oooh nooo!!!) And i was dry down there during our BD'ing.. :/ ...So we looked EVERYWHERE for the preseed.. we have no idea where it went and we didn't BD till 9:30pm and we have no money till friday! D: So I don't know how good our chances are now. D:
Congrats on ur BFP!!!

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo