Community post

Question

Hubby having a hard time during BD'ing..Help!

My DH is having a hard time sometimes off and on when we BD and this is giving us a hard time TTC. He has been given a semen analysis and his sperm is normal. (yay!!!!!) But he has bit of problems with both, keeping it up, and cuming...

Aren't there any good supplements on here or online that are good that help this? Has anyone tried any and worked?

9 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

Is he overweight? Does he work out at all? Does he take medication (I.e. Antidepressants or anxiety medications)? Being active and at a healthy weight are two important factors, especially as men get older (my dh is 42 so I get it!). Also, some men can't do it every day. My husband prefers every other day. I can sometimes talk him into daily or even twice daily but not on a regular basis...

11 years ago

Yes he is a bit overweight! He doesn't really work out either.. He only walks a lot (with me, and to work and going to public transportation..) And he takes a crap load of different meds for different things... He was taking antidepressants, but got himself off of them because he realized they weren't helping us trying.. He was taking Prozac. But he's still having trouble. He is working on eating healthier. Yeah. I would say my DH is the one who can't do it every day too.. altho I wish he could! lol Especially finding out he has normal sperm! :P My DH tho struggles even w/ every other day tho! Last time we BD was Saturday and it's now Thursday!! I got my +OPK on 11th, and we BD on 9th, 11th, and 12. That's it. I hope we caught it.

11 years ago • Post starter

It could simply just be from the stress and pressure of ttc. I used to keep dh completely in the loop as to when I was Oing. I found then when he knew I was Oing he could never finish the deed because he felt so much pressure. Over the past few months I have kept him completely out of the loop and it has worked wonders. We have better, more frequent sex because he does feel the pressure that he must finish.

The good thing too is guys for the most part are so oblivious to this. I remember one time when I'd initiated sex he joked O you just want it because you're ovulating, I just laughed because I'd actually O'd nearly two weeks ago and was expecting af any day. Best of luck :)

User Image

11 years ago

I know what you're going through, and your DH too... Mine certainly has days when he just can't manage it, and it's difficult not to be disappointed! Still - it only takes one BD, and one sperm, so even if you can only BD a couple of times around O time it's still totally possible for you. Fingers crossed for you! xx

11 years ago

That is a really good idea katiemay! I think I am going to try this approach! :) Thanks so much for sharing!! I hope it works!!

Thanks Berleygirl! That is true. I hope one got through this time!! <3

My partner is sometimes the same, I have just got him onto a male multi vitamin, its called Men's performance Multi by Blackmores. It has everything he needs plus gives energy, increases libido and improves sperm health.

User Image User Image Wishing you all

11 years ago

Very interesting post, ladies! I've put the pressure on DH three days in a row and he is over it, and wants a break- very timely post today! Lol.

11 years ago

Thanks Nishka! I'm going to tell my hubby about this and we just may try it! :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo