Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 3

View Full Post

Welcome to all the ladies out there who have been riding the ttc roller coaster and have decided to give Clomid a try! We are a super group of ladies so feel free to share your every thought:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

181 - 190 of 288 Replies | Last Page

@Bean91, well the point of Clomid is to regulate ovulation. So you shouldn't be that irregular once you find the dose that works for you. Do you have an ovulation predictor kit, or are you charting your temperature? The OPK can help you know when your progesterone is high and you can predict ovulation to be 24-36 hours after that (if you ovulate at all that cycle. You can have a positive OPK and still not ovulate). Charting temperature can show you a temp spike and let you know when you ovulated that cycle. I don't chart myself because my irregular sleep schedule discounts that as an option, so I don't know a whole lot about it, but lots of ladies here chart and can help you with that if you need it.

My doctor recommended to me that we have sex every other day to catch the egg, especially on days 10-20 of the cycle. Some doctors recommend every day. Getting Preseed lubricant can be a big help, too, especially if the Clomid is making you dry or more acidic. Regular lubricant is not good for sperm.

As for the ovulation pain, it's nearly impossible to distinguish just a normal cramp from ovulation pain, so maybe it was just a cramp. Or, you may be ovulating a few days earlier than you expected. It's hard to know on your first round of Clomid what exactly your body is going to do. But an OPK or charting will help you be able to know a little bit more about the timing.

It's a whole new game when you go on Clomid. The timing you used to know is all messed around, and you have to discover what your body is doing now. Good luck and if you have other questions, everyone here is really nice :)

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

12 years ago

So I took an early HPT and of course it was a BFN. I'm only 9 DPO, which I knew was early to test, but somehow I think I was expecting a miracle. Still a little bummed. I'll try to hold off as long as I can before I test again. My period isn't due until Tuesday. We shall see....

to all of you amazing women!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

got me yesterday on to round two of clomid. If I dont get my bfp.this cycle, Ill be seeing a RE in June. I have an appt with one who is known to be very good on the 8th of June. Here we gooo !!

Praying for a and !!!!!

12 years ago

@Sweeti7628 yes its still very early, im sending baby dust your way.

Praying for a and !!!!!

12 years ago

@corbittbabyfaith: So sorry AF showed up. I hope your next cycle is a HUGE success and you get that BFP! And thanks for the encouragement.

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

Bah! BFNs! We want to see the BFPs!
@Sweeti7628 Maybe it was just too early!

12 years ago

Hi ladies, just returned home from a 9 day trip. reared her ugly head this morning 4 days late! That just is not fair if you ask me, I am never late! So even though I was testing bfn, I just KNEW it was late implant or something!
Tears were shed, but I am preparing for clomid round 2. I think I will lay off the caffeine and eat better. I am going to get more exercise and worry less....
I haven't had time to catch up on how everyone is doing, but will do so.
Hope you are all doing well! xoxoxo

User Image

12 years ago

my ticker is wrong.....how do I change it?

User Image

12 years ago

CD15 for me and my first positive opk ( this cycle) this morning. That's 2 days earlier than my last two cycles without clomid and with my short cycles hopefully that is good news. All this waiting is making me crazy. Have a good weekend everyone!

User Image

12 years ago

Swimmom- that sucks! I hate when is late. It creates so much hope! Maybe next time.
To change your ticker, make a new one that is correct in the tools and tickers menu at the top, then go to "Manage My Account" at the bottom of your "My Countdown" box to the right. Click on "Forum Signature" and you can delete your old ticker and put your new one in.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo