Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the TTC woman....

View Full Post

Hi all!

Well a long time ago there was a thread started by a good friend of mine (who went on to have her adorable baby last weekend) called "confessions of an infertile woman". It was a place for all of us to share our negitive feelings and vent our pain about ttc. It was a great place and a safe place for negitivity (as we didnt want to air our negitive thoughts amoung the positive threads) And I am feeling like it needs to come back!!

So here are some of my confessions:

- I dont wanna hear about "GOD"... I understand that some people are religious, and I am good with that, and if someone says "I'm praying for you" I take it as a compliment. BUT when people tell me that my 2 horrible m/c's were GOD's will and that I will get pg when GOD thinks I am ready, etc etc.... that just pisses me off!! It doesnt help anything to tell me this... it just makes me mad and sad that you think GOD doesnt approve of me being a parent.

- I think it is completely unfair that my 18 yr old cousin, my 21 year old friend, and the druggie I went to high school with can all get pg, but somehow someone like me who eats right, doesnt smoke or drink can't seem to stay pregnant.

- It pissed me off to see pregnant women at the mall or out at a club drinking and/or smoking.. same goes for the mom's smoking with their baby in their hands.

Those are my confessions for the day... I hope you ladies will join me in airing our negitive thoughs in a healthy way.

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

285 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 285 Replies | Last Page

aromatherapy - hahaha yes I saw that one. She was so worried after 2 months of ttc her 5th baby. People like this just have no clue how insensitive a thread like that is to girls who have been ttc for a long time. I really wish this website was exclusively for women ttc their 1st child. Reading that girls thread totally reminded me of another girl who showed up on a thread I was on. The same month she joined the thread was the month she got pregnant. I thought she was a first time mom, because everything she was saying on the thread sounded like it. Then when she got pregnant I tried to make a big deal of it in my post of congrats, sticky vibes, ect After the post I thought I would go on her page and post a sentiment of congrats at the bottom and I finally made the realization that this was her 4th baby. I was sooooooooo freakin irritated. It was then that I really wished only women ttc their first child should be on this website.

Becca, age 29 ttc #1 for abt 1 year User Image

12 years ago

ok get this!!!! the i give up thread, i just went and checked and she deleted the posts me and krunchie made. wow if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen... I personally don't think she deserves to be on here.. We definatly need an area for long time ttcers. im getting sick of this... people are so selfish!!!! 4 kids and you want another and oh dear god you haven't conceived for 2 months... WORDS TO THE WISE GET A LIFE AND APPRECIATE WHAT YOU GOT, CUZ SOME OF US WOULD LOVE TO BE IN YOUR POSITION ...........

12 years ago

The I give up thread
So that girl got a third reply that said she agreed with the first two replies and she thought that girls thread was totally insensitive. Then the original girl jenn posted a nasty rant back at all of you saying that if you didnt like her post you shouldnt read it.

Then after an hour all of the replies were deleted. I wonder if she complained to the administrator about being picked on.

Becca, age 29 ttc #1 for abt 1 year User Image

12 years ago

haha she must have complained to the admin,but go somewhere else not here!! i have the right to read whatever i want and if she wants to read and reply to my posts she is welcome... the truth hurts i guess..

12 years ago

OMG I absolutely love u guys!

Rant for today. It is totally off topic. So I work a lot of hours. I have a 40 hour a week day job and then leave there everyday and go see 3 clients a night in outpatient. If u haven't guessed I'm a therapist. So I don't get home until 8-8:30 every night. I don't bitch about it but I do ask not to be bothered on the weekend by my family ( that live outside of my house ) so I can hang with my son and hubby.now Sunday is sacred to me. I love football and my Giants are in the playoffs. Big game tonight. My aunt just invited herself over to watch the game w me.... ugh! I just wanted to watch it with my family and have a good time. And here's the kicker.... she doesn't even like football.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersNotes:

12 years ago

I wondered why there were no replies to that thread!!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

12 years ago

Wow, I just read her post. Very insensitive, I was goint to post something and my husband stopped me. He said that would be inviting darkness and she is just stupid and doesn't know any better. As much as I want to scratch her virtal eyes out, I not going to.
I do agree however that there should be a special spot for those people as well for women who are trying for their 1st child.
Joy, I am glad that you didn't have to go to that birthday party today.
I do not have any rants today, we are all mouring the loss of beloved Coach Joe Paterno. I live in Central Pa and graduated from Penn State University.

Jess

User Image

12 years ago

Hey all, I'm new to this site but I never felt closer to a board than here! I've posted on Fertility Friend and WTE a few times, kinda a lurker but I try to chime in. But to be honest, some of the women on there scare me. They can get so mean when the new comers post. I understand a lot of them are close because they have been on the boards so long and have had so many issues but they scare away people like me who are just looking for support because I don't have anyone besides DH to confide in where I live.

DH and I have been TTC since August 2009 and I still can't believe some of the stuff people say when trying to give "advice". We didn't tell anyone we were TTC for the first year and half because I didn't want to deal with the questions about why its taking so long but eventually I just got sick of keeping it all inside and blabbed.

My biggest issue with the world right now is that we have been trying so long and have seen doctors and had tests and yet there is nothing really wrong with us, yet my arms still do not hold my own child! The kicker is that my sister (who was in a relationship for 14 years with a complete loser) texts me to call her one day after I had invited her to go on a wine tour with us and we were gonna pay cause she was short on cash. Mind you this is on my lunch break from work. She decides that this is the best time to ask me "Why do you think I can't go on a wine tour?" I will be the first to admit, after figuring out what she meant because her being pregnant was the LAST thing I imagined would be her excuse, I was not the nicest sister in the world. In fact I remember crying hysterically and yelling at her. I got the "I didn't know how to tell you!" and "It just HAPPENED!" that blew my lid and made me even madder. To add insult to injury, I find out later that she doesn't know how she got pregnant (doesn't understand the timing of ovulation, when sex has to occur to get preg...) AND she isn't sure who the father is.... So I told her in a text message that I needed a few days to process what she had told me and that I need some time to hate her. Which she understood I think but I eventually apologized (which I don't really feel I should have) and I've taken on the role as supportive sister. Had a temporary relapse back into the "I hate her" stage when it seemed my whole family was going to her sonogram to find out what the sex of the baby was. Which conveniently landed when I was pregnant and didn't know it. (Ended up being a chemical)

The finally hurrah to this story is that my mom and aunt who are also really close to my sister and know what my husband and I are going through with TTC have not stepped up to plan her baby shower, leaving me to do it. My mom has offered her house but it's like pulling teeth to get her to figure out details. And honestly I think it's straining our relationship too and I don't want that. But I've already told my husband that when we do get pregnant, I don't want anybody going to my appointments with us. It has been him and I through this whole process with the very occasional chiming in of family (other than my sister in law's who have kinda been my fertility coaches). I don't want to share those moments with anyone but him.

Ok end rant, sorry for so much from a newbie! And if I was out of line for jumping into this conversation I apologize!!!!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Kristine, Becca & Katie - Ugh seriously??? That chick sounds like she needs to find a new play to "vent her frustrations" as they are not going to be relatable to anyone here!! I cant stand when ppl who have like 4 kids already and have been ttc for like no time at all come on here and complain!! That is just rediculous.... it makes me so mad to know they apparently dont appreciate what they have!

On another note... women who come on her ttc a specific gender...seriously? Girl, boy, I dont care! To think that there are actually people who would prefer one over the other. Does that mean if your ttc a girl you'll be upset about a boy? Thats nice.

Faith - Grrr... thats so irritating that she invited herself over, especially since she doesnt even like football!!

Cera - LoL, good self resraint!

bumblebaby - Welcome! I know some of the other sites the girls can be real bitches... I have had some pretty bad experiences! I am so sorry to hear about your sister!! That would just kill me! I am so glad both my sisters are older and finished having children 6 years ago! I had a similar situation with dh's best friend and his wife... they are in a horrible relationship, almost called off their wedding about a million times, and still fight constantly. They got pg less than a week before my 1st pg (that ended in m/c) so their son who is gonna be 1 soon is a constant reminder, and it pisses me off often that they got to have their baby when I lost mine.

Anyway... nothing to bitch about, I am sad today cause dh just left on a trip for 2 weeks. Now I am just hoping he will actually be back in time for me to O.

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

is it normal for lots of family members to go with you to appointments? Just sounds weird to me that's all, never considered anyone other than DH coming with and then only if he cant go (as he works away) would I consider taking someone else.

i want to post on that thread again! miffed that I didnt get to see her response! but seriously,how can she complain about ttc her 5th child that is taking longer than the other 4 when she has no clue about her cycle, temps, cm etc. how about reading this and other sites first before you come on here bitching about how hard it is to get preg now that you are over 30 because obviously you are over the hill! grrrr!! dont worry, wont post again as might get barred from site!

but i guess this site is call "count down to pregnancy", not "count down to your first full term pregnancy for first time mummies only who are capable of being considerate to other people's feelings"! that would be a handful to type!

bumble - hope you get to vent here, its great. i'm sorry things have gotten bad between you and your sister and your mum. i hope you can work it out when the baby comes because it would be a shame for them to miss out on a loving aunty...

and reminder to all, there is a place for first time mummies...
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=7069&p=8#reply_44763
the thread has gotten a bit quite of late so pop over and pump it up a bit!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo