Community post

Discussion

BYOB: I Want a BFP This Christmas!!

View Full Post

Hi ladies!

Well, it's that time again! Lets kick things off the same as usual, with an update...

My name is Joy
Dh and I are both 28 (for now... he will be 29 in Dec)
we've been together almost 10yrs
Got married and bought a house together in 2009
From Canada
I'm currently a housewife, but hope to soon be a stay at home mom
I got pg back in the summer of 2010 then m/c'd at 8 weeks
We ttc for 8 cycles after the m/c, (10 months)
We have a nursery room all set up waiting for baby
I got my BFP on June 30th 2011
Started spotting on Aug 9th 2011
Went for an u/s Aug 12 2011 @ 10 weeks
Baby only measured 8 weeks with no heartbeat
Started bleeding Aug 18th
Since then I have been rushed to the hospital 3 times for excessive bleeding (once via ambulance cause I passed out)
I have had 2 emergency D&C's, 2 Folley Ballooons, 3 blood transfusions of 2 bags each, & a Hysteroscopey. (Not to be confused with a "HysterECTAMY")
I have FINALLY stopped all bleeding & colorful discharge as of Nov 8th 2011!! (Yay!!)
AF will prob be here around the end of Nov-Beginning of Dec
I probably wont be able to start activly ttc again until February, but believe me I am counting down the days!!
I used opks, chartted my bbt & took folic acid, plus, started baby asprin every day until my bfp, and between Af and O I took Evening Primrose Oil and I also used preseed when we bd'd!
Right now I am just taking an iron suppliment once a day.
As soon as my cycle starts again I plan on chartting my bbt, and re-starting my prenatal vitamins
Then once we are back to ttc I will add EPO & preseed
I am hoping it wont take me another 8 months to get pregnant this time around!

Wow thats getting to be a loooooong into!!

This is the best group out there - these ladies are all amazing!! They are my online bffs and I love them all! Dont know what I would do without you ladies!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

270 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 270 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies ... just popping in to check on you all and send you my love <3

Gretchen - Most of us remember you and I was brokenhearted to read your story as well. However, it snapped me into attention (as I hope it will inspire other ladies on CMP too) about the continuing dangers of SIDS. You hear SO MUCH about SIDS ... it's everywhere ................... and I have to admit that because of the overabundance of information on it, I personally was beginning to become slightly calloused to it all. "The statistics of that happening are so low ... that could never happen to us ..."

So to read your experience has shocked me into a realization that this is REAL. This DOES happen ... and all of us ladies who are due soon (there are about 5 or 6 of us due in the next two weeks or overdue) really need to be aware and take as many precautions as we can.

I just wanted to let you know that although we know it can't always be prevented, you have inspired me to maintain a strong vigilance to trying to prevent SIDS in our little one. My thoughts and prayers are with you <3

And to all of you other ladies :) we love you as well and we wish you all of the *baby dust* and *sticky vibes* that we can send your way.

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

12 years ago

Hello ladies,

I was reading all your posts and I can't believe the amount of bad news we've been getting!! What happened to all the lucky BFP???
We need them back pronto to encourage us a little!

So sorry to all the ladies who received bad news. Don't give up hope! Miracles do happen!

AFM - Nothing new. DH still hasn't gone for his tests. Well, he did but they don't do SA at our local hospital (small town) so he has to go into the city to get it done, but that will require taking some time off of work. So of course the excuses started...ugh! I will make him do it if I have to drag him there by his shirt collar!!
In the meantime he's taking CoQ10 which is supposed to help with count and motility.
I haven't OPKed this month but I think I'm close to O day! for all of us!!

User Image and and to all!

12 years ago

Joy- I am SO praying for you, girl! Being in the hospital is the pits, so I'm hoping it's just AF for you! Blech. Let us know soon if you hear anything and we'll be thinking of you!

AFM- DH and I have been bd'ing like crazy, but not because we're actively "trying." We're just not NOT trying, if that makes sense. I'm very hopeful but...I haven't started using OPKs or anything yet. He's supposed to be getting me some pregnancy tests through his work (they'll let him order with them to get the discount rate, which ROCKS since I'm a total POAS addict for SURE), which I won't even be able to take for another two weeks. Ugh. Longest two weeks EVER, although I don't have to tell you ladies, right? I'm SO glad to have you all to share the journey with, otherwise I'd be going nutso. lol. My body is DEFINITELY getting itself back on track, with the normal signs and symptoms of a normal cycle, which is a relief. We'll see how it goes...I just SO badly want to be pregnant again. There's such a feeling of hope and optimism in that, and we both really need that right now. Fingers crossed...I'd love to be able to give him an early Christmas present!!!

User Image I want a !!! User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Gretchen - Thanks sweetie! I am so happy to hear that you and your dh are I guess ntnp? I hope you get a bfp quickly!! We're here for you always hun!!

Cris - I am currently picturing you dragging your dh by his collar! LoL!! Hope he stops his excuse making soon and gets going!!

Kat - Thanks for poping in hun!

Emma - Thanks sweetie!!

AFM - Bleeding has been pretty heavy today... lots of gushing but I think that is normal? It's been so long since I have had a normal af!! I am not bleeding through a pad in less than an hour so far tho and no clots as of yet, so I am keeping my that this is just af.

I am seriously stressing though... I hate bleeding and I really hate not knowing if it's af or not. I am so scared of having to be rushed back into the hospital! I really hope things lighten up tomorrow... I need this to be af... I dont know if I could deal with it being anything else. I feel like my nerves are just shot! I dont even want to stand up cause I dont want to gush

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies!!

Gretchen - So so sorry to hear that sad news :( But i am so glad to hear you have found the strength to go through this journey again.

Joy - I hope it is AF

aromatherapy - Sorry your having to go through all that!

Quirk - I hope you dont have to wait too long

Nicole - When are you having your MRI?

Sorry if i have missed anyone! Not been on for a couple of days.

AFM- well i had a couple of down days after getting BFN then AF reared her ugly little head last night grrr, but i am thankful for a short cycle (28 days with a 14 LP) which is fantastic, just hoping that this continues now!!! After so many long cycles maybe im back on track.
Not sure on what the bleeding during my TWW was now though! I'll have to see what happens this month.
Anyway, i am going out to celebrate a friends birthday tonight, bowling and a couple of drinks, and going to see Breaking Dawn tomorrow!!! Cant wait Hope all you ladies are having a wonderful weekend
Natalie xx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

12 years ago

Gretchen- I remember you well. You got your bfp right after I had joined the byob thread. Kat (popstarhater) let those of us on the cmp byob thread know about your loss. My heart is just broken for you. You are amazingly strong. I just can't even imagine all you are going through but I'm praying for you and your family.

User Image User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Aisha - You're so sweet for poping in!

Nats - Sorry to hear about af But YAY for a shorter cycle!!!! Hope it stays that way!!

AFM - I find my stress level rises at night (proably cause thats when I bled out EVERY time it happened) but I made it through another night without a hospital visit. Was worried cause I like soaked my pads (overlaped) last night, but then I had it on for 10 hrs so that really isnt that abnormal I guess. I feel like I'm going insane!! I really hope today is a little lighter and that it starts tapering off soon! Still staying positive that is will be af...

Joy

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey guys,

Joy - I really hope it's AF!

Gretchen - I admire your positive attitude and how strong you are! Hopefully God rewards your strength and faith with a quick BFP! are with you!

Nathalie - Sorry AF showed for you. But maybe it means your cycles are regular and you'll get a BFP next cycle!

I'm almost in the tww ! I hope we can all get Christmas BFP! Come on Santa! All we want are two pink lines!

User Image and and to all!

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,

So it's 3.30am and I can't sleep! Oh Life!

woke cause DD woke up, and now she's back to sleep and i'm awake listening to DH snore in tune *shaking my head*

Baby dust to us all

with him all things are possible, his grace is sufficient for me

12 years ago

Cris - I hope so! Would be a lovely Christmas pressie for us all.

Joy - Thank you! and FX it is AF

Talless - I hope you managed to get some more sleep!!

AFM - Got a very heavy flow this time, thought i may have a light cycle with not having to wait as long but it's worse :( ah well soon be over :)

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend
Natalie xx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo