Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the April (Baby) Showers!! ;)

View Full Post

Hi ladies!

Well, it's that time again! I jumped the gun (not that this is a surprise anymore) and started a new thread! So lets kick it off the same as usual, with an update...

My name is Joy
Dh and I are both 28
we've been together 9yrs
Got married and bought a house together in 2009
From Canada
I'm currently a housewife, but will soon be a stay at home mom
I got pg back in the summer of 2010 then m/c'd at 8 weeks
We ttc for 8 months since the m/c, 15 in total
We have a nursery room all set up waiting for baby
I am currently on CD51 & pregnant!
I got my BFP on June 30th 2011
My (estimated) EDD is March 11th 2012
My first doctors apt is on Aug 4th 2011
I used opks, and chart my bbt & took folic acid. Plus this last cycle I started baby asprin every day until my bfp, and between Af and O I took Evening Primrose Oil and I also used preseed when we bd'd!
I've heard a lot of ladies have gotten pg on their first cycle using EPO & it worked for me, so I highly reccomend giving it a try!

This is the best group out there - these ladies are all amazing!! They are my online bffs and I love them all! Dont know what I would do without you ladies!!

Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

282 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 282 Replies | Last Page

cjpalaska: Good luck!! for you!!!

AFM: I am so confused this cycle. It is the first time i've used OPKs past the first positive. I had positive OPK for 4 days in a row, today is the first time the test line is finally a bit lighter than the reference line. I had ovulation pains 12 hours after my first positive OPK this cycle so I had suspected that day was my Ovulation day. So now I am going to re-do my ovulation day to today since the LH surge is finally going down. Last month I had ovulation pains 12 hours after my first positive OPK as well but I didn't test beyond that. Last month I got AF 16 days after my suspected O day, the day with the O pains. I'm going to temp next month to see if I am really Oing. My doctor said not to worry about doing all these things because it adds stress, but now I feel like I have to since i'm not even sure what my body is doing!!

Allison User Image

12 years ago

Alli, I cant help you I have basically the same question. Yesterday I bought the clear blue ovulation test by impulse and took directly the test. it was CD 12 and got a smiley. Today I didn't have a smiley. Does that mean that today is O-day?

User Image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

hey everyone ,

i remember reading bout opk and their results on the net( i can tremember where or i would post the link)its the surge you are looking for so the first pos ov is the one to take as the one ..and that you will ov 24-36 hours after that , after that it said it didnt matter what the result was the rest of the month and it may well stay high or drop til af comes along .

i always take the first pos as the one and dont bother testing again.

hope everyone is well xxxx

1 son 17 years old , and expecting B/G twins atm that are due next month : )

12 years ago

Emma,
thx so I had the pos smiley on Friday and bd'd on the Wednesday before and on Saturday. Did I bd'd too early and too late or just in time?

by the way, how are you doing? Did you get the dh results yet?

Love Susy

12 years ago

hey susy , going on what i had read you prob would of ov on sat so you have covered your bases and the little guys from wed would still be hanging around there...... good luck for this cycle.

dh doesnt have his next test til 9 days , so we playing the waiting game really hard just wanna know where we stand and what we can do .

xxxx

1 son 17 years old , and expecting B/G twins atm that are due next month : )

12 years ago

yeah I really hope this is my month! By doing the O test I realised that we usually bd'd too late (around CD 14 and O is apparently around CD12). If O was/is today (we bd'd today also) I might have a good shot with the Wednesday and Saturday swimmers. We'll see!

I'll keep my thumps up for a good result with your dh. I understand that the waiting is soo incredibly difficult! Good luck honey! I hope you'll be able to keep your mind busy!

Love Susy

12 years ago

Hey everyone,

Carolyn, for you-this looks like it might be your month!! Hope that line keeps getting darker

I'm feeling really bummed this morning b/c I tested and got a at 12 dpo. I was really feeling good about this cycle, and my temps look great. I've had nausea and really sore boobs for the past few days. I just feel devastated. At my dr.'s apt. on Friday, the doctor spent a lot of time with me and stepped me through options for treatment if I want to go ahead with it. She wrote me a prescription for Clomid even though I'm already ovulating and said that it might bump up my chances about 5% each month. She said the next step would probably be injectable hormones and IUI if a few cycles of Clomid didn't work. I just don't know what to think!! Should I keep trying naturally for a few months? Should I try the Clomid, and will it screw up my cycle at all? And the idea of injectable hormones and IVF scares me!! I just feel so lost

Sorry for being a downer this morning.

Elizabeth

12 years ago

Elizabeth,

I did clomid after 8 months of trying (or so) and I have to say, I had a great experience. The first month, we started off slow with 50 mg. I had one follicle.
The 2nd month I took clomid I didn't monitor my follicles
The 3rd month, we increased it to 100 mg. and I had 2 follices. Then this month same dose, 3 mature follicles!

I test in a few days so I don't have success story for you yet. But My only side effect to clomid was a little moodiness and difficulty controlling my body temp. I just ran hot when I usually run cold. However, it is summer too.... so naturally I would be hotter.

I plan on using clomid as long as I need to.

I didn't do IVF, I did IUI and that really isn't anything to be scared of. It isn't bad at all...

Best of luck!

12 years ago

Elizabeth: I am with you today....... Feeling really down and sad... because I got BFN today too!!!! I am 11dpo.... just thought I would get more of a positive by now.... I don't know what to think because I too had symptoms... still do... naseau, fatigue, bloating, cramping, ????? If they are not from being pregoo then what are they from? I hate feeling this way again..... disapointed, frustrated and just plain sad for another failed month.... it sucks!

12 years ago

Bens, thanks for the info-that's great to hear that you've had such a good response to Clomid. Good luck testing this cycle!

Carolyn, I hear you. This process is SO hard sometimes. I've been trying my best to stay positive but I'm pretty depressed today. Don't really know what to do next. Part of me wants to take a break and just step away from the process completely; part of me wants to try Clomid. The hardest part is, like you said, having symptoms of pregnancy that get your hopes up and then getting them dashed with a BFN. Sending you a big and hoping that it's just too early and maybe we'll both still get our 's this cycle. Who knows, this process is so mysterious that anything can happen.

to everyone else.

Elizabeth

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo