Community post

Discussion

August 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

I hope that all IUIs and IVFs will be successfull in August

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

173 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 173 Replies | Last Page

I got positive OPK today... time to BD :)

I though I was going to have IUI done this month but they wanted to run some extra tests on me and I only have one more blood test in 8 days and I will get my first IUI in September... however, I would love if I got pregnant this month without IUI :)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Good luck basia.
Afm, 1dpo and I feel so much better. Yesterday was so painful but today is great.

9 years ago

Well ladies....This is my official "Thank you and Goodbye" post :(

Had the HSG today. I have only one tube to begin with....But anyways....the HSG showed exactly what I had been suspecting....

My right tube has totally collapsed and is not nor will ever be patent. Just a tiny bit into the tube from the uterus is where the dye stopped and they could not get any to flush thru...meaning the tube is totally collapsed.

Doc does not feel I would be a good candidate for surgery to try and re-open the tube....mainly because I had a TR to put them back together and the scar tissue and adhesions would likely cause further problems such as another ectopic...and that's IF they could even repair the tube.

He recommended IVF. Due to financial reasons and concerns we will not be pursing IVF unless a drastic financial change happens and I can pay the $20k out of pocket. I know there are cheaper doctors out here, but I like the one in our area who does it...not to mention he had at 58% success rate in 2013.

So, I will be saying goodbye to you all and to C2P and the other sites I frequent.

I wish all of you the best and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as your journeys continue. Be strong and stay happy :)

Jackie

9 years ago

Awe Jackie. I hope that you find peace and love in your journey. you are welcome to come back and check in and just say hi. Love to you my friend,

Bethany

9 years ago

Ladies how much progesterone are yall on, and when do yall stat to take it past iui. I have progesterone tablets since i am always low on 8dpo. Wondered if it would hurt my chances if i just go ahead and take the progesterone instead of waiting untill day 8 to try it?

9 years ago

Sumerian, doctors have been known to be wrong before so don't give up complete hope. Thanks for spending time with us and sharing your story!

9 years ago

Sumerian where r u from? Which state?
Maybe somebody can recommend a different doctor?

SumerianMaiden, if you're not ready to give up, I wouldn't. Sometimes, tubes spasm during the hsg, showing what looks like a blockage when really one does not exist, especially when there is prior trauma and scar tissue. So that is a possibility. Best wishes to you whatever path you take.

Texasgirl13, I start progesterone 2 days after confirmed ovulation and continue until 13dpo, take a test 14dpo and if it's negative, I move on from there. If it's positive, I keep with the progesterone until 10 weeks. I'm currently doing crinone which is a gel (still taken vaginally) and says 8% on the box, so I'm not sure the dose, but have previously done endometrin once a day (100mg) and prometrium once a day (200mg).

My RE has always said there is no such thing as too much progesterone (as long as you have already ovulated). I can't see any harm in starting it prior to 8dpo and, in fact, there could be a benefit as your lining may have already started to deteriorate by 8dpo if you have low progesterone levels.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Thank you all SOOO very much!

I have been doing some internet searching of my own today.

Clearly the type of blockage I have is called a proximal blockage. Apparently these can often be opened during specific procedures where they insert a wire or cath thru the uterus and just into the tube.

I also read about the tubal spasms...

Idk, thinking maybe I should go for a second opinion to new doc. Mine will not do anything else and only suggests IVF.

What do you guys think????

9 years ago

Sumerian - go see another Dr.

Also, I am not sure which state you live in but I go to UConn Fertility Center in CT. They do IVFs for less then $20 K and I think they also have payment plan... they success rate for IVFs is over 60%

http://fertilitycenter-uconn.org/

Check out other places... get second opinion... check all your options before you take any decision

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo