Community post

Discussion

40+ TTC in 2015

View Full Post

Hello,
I had to scroll through so many pages to find recent ladies who are TTC and decided to open a new thread for 2015. This should make it easier to find friends and buddies who are going through the same emotional roller coaster of TTC in their 40's.
Is it worth opening a new thread monthly to keep it current?
Would also like to wish everyone the best of luck, the more people that get a BFP gives the rest of us hope so please don't forget to post.
Baby dust to all ????

219 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 219 Replies | Last Page

Hi all,

I'm obsessing over my chart and was wondering what you all might think? This image from fertility friends, which says I ovulated on day 11. I usually have a 13 day luteal phase, so that would mean I should test on Monday. For me, it's a really good sign that my temp plunged (to 97.2 on 9DPO) then came back up (98.1 the next day)!!! Usually by 12DPO (today) it would be significantly dropped down to the 97 range but i ma still at 98.1. I did a First response test today though, and it was BFN..

The confusing part is that Ovagraph says I ovulated on day 13—that other tiny dip in my chart, which would change EVERYTHING.

Anyone care to weigh in? Today is my birthday and as you can imagine, was really hoping for a BFP. If I did O on day 11, then this is 12DPO and it didn't seem too crazy to test. If I O'd on day 13, then this is only 10DPO... SO the BFN doesn't mean I am out of the game. (But it does mean we timed BD wrong... Blech!)

User Image

Thanks all!

The image tag isn't working? Chart is here: http://postimg.org/image/m4ltugcu7

8 years ago

Hello ladies. I would love to rejoin CTP. I have spent a lot of time here previously, but never got that THB. We took a break for the last 9 months, but the baby bug hasn't let go of me yet. I hope we can rejuvenate this over 40 board and get some good vibes rolling.

A little about me -Well, I'm 47 years old and my DH is 49. We have been married for the past 4 years and have been ttc since June of 2011. We have had two early losses at 7 and 8 weeks, and 3 cp. The last positive hpt I saw was over a year ago now. But with 2 older children, and having conceived not that long ago, I still have hope. If anyone else out there is over 45 and ttc naturally, as IVF and IUI are too expensive for us without insurance that covers, I would love to chat.

Most recently, I am charting temps, using OPK's, taking prenatal vitamins, Maca, Vitex, Flaxseed Oil, Vit, D3, and after O I take Welcome Womb (for the recurrent loss issue). I also do yoga, and use imagery I learned from Julia Indichova and the Fertile Heart Website. As long as I am ovulating, there is HOPE!

Franny16- I think that you ovulated on the first date. That little dip seems like an anomaly. It's great that your temp is back up and I will keep my FX for you!

BabyAngelG - How are things going with you?

Talula and Mozart - Are you both still out there? Where are you in your cycles?

AFM - I'm 8dpo and feeling really hopeful. I look forward to supporting all of you in your journey! We can do this ladies!

8 years ago

Hi pixandpoetry,

Thank you for joining and the initiative to revive this topic.
Definitely chat with me - I am over 45, have been trying for over 2 years with meds and IUIs. One mc and 2 CPs earlier this year, otherwise no positive signs. Lots of vitamins, supplements, acupuncture, and acuscope.
Today on CD9, 300 IU FSH injections daily, currently 3 follicles growing, next ultrasound and blood test on Monday.
Glad you are here :)

8 years ago

Thanks Mozart. It's so hard for those of us over 45, we need to commiserate and keep each others spirits up. Are you doing an IUI this month? Or are you trying semi-naturally? I wish we had the money for IUI or IVF but it just isn't in the cards for us. We are leaving it up to fate, and lots and lots of trying, LOL.

Today is 9dpo for me and a BFN on my cheapie tests. Funny how one day can cause such a change in how high my hopes are. DH is fantastic though, and keeps telling me how beautiful I am no matter what.

How is everyone else doing? We sure could use some success stories on here again
In the mean time.....

8 years ago

Pixandpoetry,
Keep us posted on the testing. Fx!
Yes, doing IUI this month again. This is what we can afford. IVF is out of the question especially because there won't be more than 3 eggs per cycle and the odds for success are so low.
What are you doing supplement-wise?

8 years ago

Lol, I've tried just about everything over the 4 years of ttc. We tried Clomid, but I ovulate fine, and 3 cyles of that did nothing. I've also tried soy isoflavones, which work similarly to clomid and same thing. I get a stronger O from those two things, but no BFP that leads to a THB.
Right now I am taking Vitex, Maca, Prenatals, Vit. D3, and Flaxseed Oil, and a tonic called Welcome Womb after O that is Black Haw Bark, Wild Yam Root, and False Unicorn Root (It's supposed to help with implantation and with multiple miscarriages).

I've taken Royal Jelly and bee pollen, DHEA, and Pregnitude in the past. Along with B6 (which makes my LP super short), and baby aspirin (that made me have periods from H***).

How about you? What have you tried?
Any of you other lurking ladies want to share?

8 years ago

Never heard of Welcome Womb but it sounds "welcoming".
I have been taking all you are mentioning plus ubiquinol, fish oil, spirulina, l-arginine, l-carnitine, extra zinc, PABA, antioxidants : pycnogenol, ALA, astaxanthin.
Still hopeful that all this will help produce one good egg at some point.

8 years ago

Yeah, I've tried most of those things too. Except the L-Arganine as I have Herpes and it causes outbreaks (which I rarely, if ever have now, so don't want to tempt fate). I wish there was some quick fix or magic recipe for that one good egg at the perfect time. I guess we both will just keep trying.

Keep me posted on what's new and I'll let you know if or when AF shows up. I will probably test again in the morning, now that I've started POAS. My temp has stayed high, and almost looks triphasic, but who knows. I just keep up with my imagery and yoga, trying to keep the stress down.

FX this will be your month!

8 years ago

Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind that I join this conversation? I could really do with some female support and sanity :)

I am 43 this month and DH is 52. We have one IVF miracle daughter nearly 9 now (I have endometriosis)! I had all but written off another baby, but then out of the blue was pregnant Aug 2014 naturally (that sadly ended in miscarriage).

While husband is not sure at his age he wants another child, the experience I had unexpectedly awoke a strong desire for another child that I thought had gone. He was about to go for a 'snip' two months ago just to make 100% sure, but I convinced him to wait until the end of the year. I think he agreed only because he really doesn't believe it will happen for us again.

The thing is - I think I'm 14DPO today (am not great at keeping track)...But I have a pretty regular 26day cycle. So if I'm right in my calculations it would be 27 days today - if a normal cycle. So far - no sign of AF though. I tested 2 days ago BFN, and got discouraged. So haven't tested again. Have been so pathetic, am searching for general time of day that women get AF, as mine is normally in the morning, and it's now 1:30 pm our time. How crazy is that?

Would so appreciate waiting out the next 48 hours with you all.

x
Donna (am in sunny - very dry South Africa - right now)

8 years ago

Hi Donna,
Welcome to the group! Fx for you that AF stays away. When will you test again? Keep us posted :)

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo