Community post

Discussion

40+ TTC in 2015

View Full Post

Hello,
I had to scroll through so many pages to find recent ladies who are TTC and decided to open a new thread for 2015. This should make it easier to find friends and buddies who are going through the same emotional roller coaster of TTC in their 40's.
Is it worth opening a new thread monthly to keep it current?
Would also like to wish everyone the best of luck, the more people that get a BFP gives the rest of us hope so please don't forget to post.
Baby dust to all ????

219 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 219 of 219 Replies

Kerzie I posted on the other forum you told me about and babyhopes said that she got the stiff neck at 4dpo then it went away and then it returned yesterday. Mine also completely went away today. This is interesting. I have to say your cramps may be a good sign. Maybe implantation at 6dpo? I know what you mean you don't want to be "realistic optimistic" but you never know. It'll be nice to look at everything when our tww is over

8 years ago

Hi Kerzie, it took 3 years to get pregnant, I had one chemical halfway through that time. The OH was told he has a variable count (goes from zero to upwards and back again!! Weird I know!). I had an HSG scan beginning of December and then conceived beginning of Feb...coincidence...not sure. I was fairly fit but not obsessively so, I took multi vits and folic acid tablets and used cheap Internet opks. Got a BFP at 10dpo on an Internet cheapie. I think that's everything, totally eventless pregnancy dispite all the doctors attempts at drama. Delivered in 2 hours after they insisted on inducing me (didn't work), breaking my waters and putting me on synto. This was all because they wouldn't let me go beyond my due date for fear of placenta breakdown but by my dates I was a week later than their best guess!! Think that's everything, other than my OH is 12 years younger...!!!

8 years ago

Oh and I'm currently 8dpo.

8 years ago

Hi,
So unless franny gets her bfp you are the next in line to test, I'm a day behind you and pink and jandei are three days later. Wonder who is going to give in first? Bet it's me I can't help it.
Random question but does anyone else's boobs always look better during the tww? It's one of the few perks while waiting, they are fuller and perkier looking. It's not a symptom just a general observation.
And does anyone get the vivid road map veins?
Strange how our bodies change constantly. Sorry if my posts are a bit over the place, my head always goes off in tangents and I write as I think.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hahaha your so funny Kerzie, its good to be energetic lol, I think your right, we are all quite close and hopefully it will good news all round, wouldnt that be great yes my boobs are getting at their best now but week before test they get quite heavy and bruised feeling, also yea the veins are more prominent but my DH thinks they look lush, he would, he doesnt have to carry them around with him all day, if he did nothing would get done , oh by the way probably way i been sleeping but neck aching last 2 days, haha driving me mad so did some exercises/stretches this morn and will again tonight...
Yay jandei we are together and who will give in first Kerzie, Im gonna wait till 11 dpo, (she says) cos i hate that so much, im enjoying my tww at mo cos so happy that i just could be, might be pregnant, Im happy to dream rather then get that not much to report at mo but burping loads and wind and heartburn, dont mind cos their signs at least although I had same last month anorl, good luck ladies -x-x-x-x-x-x-

8 years ago

I guarantee you I will be the first one to test lol I'm a testaholic!!!! Especially now that I bought a box of 50 hpts online.

As far as boobs... about 4 months ago I had the veiniest ones ever! I always have tenderness and swelling. If this is something new to you then this can very well be a symptom. That's actually one that comes before a bfp from what I'm reading.

Another thing that would throw me off every single month was the spotting before AF. I was constantly thinking I had implantation bleeding. Those days were the hardest for me (worse than getting AF) because it kept giving me false hope until I finally realized it's a problem for me. I think that's why thins month I took steps to try to correct it. The emotional roller coaster was very difficult for me.

Anyway - those veins and fullness sound promising.

pinkster - I yesterday I had neck pain too like I slept wrong or pulled a muscle. This morning it was gone.

8 years ago

Hi all,

Kerzie, you cracked me up: "I'm having a lovely salad tonight with fishcakes, sarcasm is dripping off my tongue." Was that because of the holiday weight gain? I have about 10 pounds to lose, although not doing anything about it as yet. As I mentioned, work is stressful and yes, it pretty much always is. In response to your question, I don't know, if I ever get that BFP, where we would go live. DH is a native New Yorker. He does love Canada though. I hope I don't offend anyone, but I don't like American healthcare and cannot imagine raising a child on it. Plus, I am from such a nice, clean, healthy island in the Pacific. I cannot imagine a raising a "city kid," but DH grew up here and he turned out great. Honestly, I try not to think too seriously about things that far ahead so I don't get too upset with the BFNs. Oh, I will post a pic of the ring when I get it back from being sized, and yes, I will try to keep an IUI journal!

Teachermum69, thank you so much for the info. Knowing you conceived and had an uneventful and healthy pregnancy after 3 years (way to go!) gives me a lot of hope.Too bad that they induced you though! I'll bet all our mums were "late" and they just let nature take its course.

I am 13 DPO. My temps are REALLY low though now, almost at my coverline so I am imagining AF will come later today or tomorrow morning. I actually really hope she does come quick because that way I could possibly have the IUI in a less busy week at work. I used to see an acupuncturist and she thought stress was my big problem. I don't know, but I can't afford to quit my job and I know ladies do conceive under much more stressful circumstances so choosing to think it is not an issue!

8 years ago

Hi,
Well that's me out , started spotting so after will arrive tonight/ tomorrow at latest. Think the antibiotics messed up my cycle this month, I'm only 9dpo. At least I know next month will be back to normal
Taking a break from eating healthy this weekend. When I get af I get to eat takeaway and munch on crisps while watching a film, it takes the sting from coming on away a bit.

So you lovely ladies, how are you all doing? Symptoms? Strange things going on? Sore necks still? I'm still excited to hear good things from you all. Anyone tested yet? Be honest, we won't judge.
Sending blizzards of baby dust your way xx

Hi ladies,
Realized the topic of this post is ttc in 2015, which may be off putting to new members so I have started a new thread ttc in 2016. It's still in the over 40's forum but obviously anyone is welcome to join in.
It's up to you wonderful ladies if you want to swap over or continue on this thread.
Love and hugs to you all xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo