Community post

Discussion

40+ TTC in 2015

View Full Post

Hello,
I had to scroll through so many pages to find recent ladies who are TTC and decided to open a new thread for 2015. This should make it easier to find friends and buddies who are going through the same emotional roller coaster of TTC in their 40's.
Is it worth opening a new thread monthly to keep it current?
Would also like to wish everyone the best of luck, the more people that get a BFP gives the rest of us hope so please don't forget to post.
Baby dust to all ????

219 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 219 Replies | Last Page

Hiya,
Jandei, Nothing wrong with the cheap opk' s , I use them too. As long as you read them properly, they are just as reliable. To save money a lot of women use the cheapies and use a digital when they get a positive. I tried it and found that they both agreed on my peak days, the cheapies also warn me to start trying as soon as they start to darken. BUT, that is my hormones, I understand we are all unique.
I tend to implant late so you would probably get a valid result before me. Shame my eggs aren't more "enthusiastic" as I'm sure I would be pregnant by now.
You having any symptoms? I know it's too early but it's still fun to pass the time.

Franny, That's my one hate with bbt, your temp drops and your heart sinks. I know it can also be good to know but it's a poke in the heart with a needle. I'm not sending sympathies until at shows because with a strange chart like yours anything could happen, plus I don't want to jinx you.
That said, IF af arrives have you considered keeping a blog or journal as you go through iui? It could be so helpful to other women and good for you to look back on, share it with little bubs in the future

I'm having a lovely salad tonight with fishcakes, sarcasm is dripping off my tongue.

8 years ago • Post starter

I really like the cheapies too. With me, I didn't have a gradual darkening. Actually for about 4 days I was really worried because the test lines were so faint. The day of O I tested in the morning, then at around 1PM the line was barely there and then out of nowhere to my surprise 6PM - POSITIVE no doubt about it. Something very interesting that I read while researching (when cheapies weren't darkening) is that the digital ones detect your estrogen levels rising before the LH surge which gives you the flashing smiley and fertile days. The still smiley is your LH surge. So i might actually do it backwards - test for the flashing - and if I run out will use cheapies until LH surge. Hopefully that will not be necessary though.

As far as symptoms - not sure if this even a symptom but I have a very stiff neck. Really strange. Like I slept wrong but it didn't happen until this afternoon. Another thing is that I always have breast tenderness after O and no sign of that even coming on. Maybe it's the vitex. How about you? Apparently our eggs are on the same level of "enthusiasm" as I have been trying a long time as well. We just have to wait and see. It will happen for us!

And Franny - I totally agree with Kerzie that would be great to keep a blog of your IUI experience that is IF af comes of course

8 years ago

Jandei,
About to go to bed but had to quickly post. A thread called "itchy skin" was about a strange symptom of itchy skin and it turned out she was pregnant confirmed by blood tests. Posted by babyhopes. Well today she mentioned another strange symptom, painful neck as though she has slept wrong!!!!!
Might be worth your while posting on her thread and comparing the neck pain. Could turn out to be a GREAT symptom.

Fingers crossed

I did NOT realize this can even be a symptom. Thanks Kerzie! I think I'm probably waaaaay too early for any significant signs I can rely on but this is exciting.

8 years ago

Hi ladies. I am at the ripe old age of 46. I conceived my son naturally when I was 44, delivered him at 45 so do not give up hope! We have decided greedily to try and give Mother Nature the finger once again and see if I can conceive again. Any doctors just shake their heads with a smug smile but if I can do it once, we can give it a go again!!

8 years ago

Aww thats really lovely Teachermum69 and gives me hope, Im 45 and currently 4dpo, lots luck and -x-

8 years ago

Teachermum69 - really great to hear your experience and all the best!

Pinkster123 - I am right with you at 4dpo. This month the tww wait is rough for me. It's like I sort of have a feeling that this could be our month and then I don't want to let myself think that because of the disappointment I might face. How are you holding up?

8 years ago

And to you!!! I'm currently 8dpo. Xx

8 years ago

We're right around each other then. Is this the first month you are trying again?

8 years ago

Thanks for joining us teachermum and giving us encouragement and hope. I think that proverbial finger should be up at those doctors with smug smiles too. My bug bear is doctors that mock, dismiss and hinder rather than help.
So where are you in your cycle? Are you or did you (the first time) take anything to aid you in getting pregnant? How long did it take you to get pregnant? Do you or your dh have any issues? Sorry about all the questions and please don't answer anything you are not comfortable with, it's just to give us a better picture of your situation.
Welcome to the young at heart ttc

Franny, pink, Jan,how are you all doing today? Af here yet? Any more symptoms? Is your neck still stiff, think that's a strange one too! But strange can be good.
Fran, forgot to ask can you post a pic of your ring? Would love to see it. Is your work always so hectic and stressful? Would you stay in NY after you have a baby? I hope things at work calm down next month to give you the best chance xx

Afm, 7dpo and the cramping has gone for now, boobs sore but that is normal for me. This month was the strongest ovulation I've had (with the blood and it was pretty painful) which I think was all due to the antibiotics so I'm trying not to get overly "realistic optimistic".

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo