Community post

Discussion

40+ TTC in 2015

View Full Post

Hello,
I had to scroll through so many pages to find recent ladies who are TTC and decided to open a new thread for 2015. This should make it easier to find friends and buddies who are going through the same emotional roller coaster of TTC in their 40's.
Is it worth opening a new thread monthly to keep it current?
Would also like to wish everyone the best of luck, the more people that get a BFP gives the rest of us hope so please don't forget to post.
Baby dust to all ????

219 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 219 Replies | Last Page

Jandel, I would ask your doctor about the folic acid (and it would be great if you posted the response here!) I take 5mg of folic acid because I take a medication that has been linked to neural tube defects. I've been on the 5mg for quite a long time and am beginning to question the original advice to take it. I would love to know what you find out. When I Google it the science seems quite mixed. Sorry I can't help more!

8 years ago

Hi jandei,
I was in the same boat, was taking a lot of separate vitamins as my preconception tablet didn't have the best form of the vitamins to get absorbed by the body. I now only take it when my day is rushed and can't be bothered taking lots of different tablets.
With folic acid a lot of people say it can cause cancer and you should always take it as folate instead. Yet again it's a decision we all have to make to suit our own circumstances, let's face it ttc can become expensive so no judgement here. Until you make up your mind why not alternate each day so your body is still getting everything it needs.
As franny said, talk it over with your doc on your next visit. Take everything you are taking with you for advise,
Sending sticky vibes for implantation.

8 years ago • Post starter

Thanks for you replies. Unfortunately I can't ask my doctor about anything really. She insists on clomid and the last time I talked to her I asked for a progesterone test and she refused. Told me to take clomid. What kind of a doctor doesn't check for progesterone when a person has issues with spotting in LP. I mentioned b6 to her when we talked and again she said to take clomid. I had an ultrasound and a sonohysterogram and I O on my own and would rather not take clomid until I absolutely have to but she just doesn't wan to hear it. I'm in the process of finding a new obgyn and for now I'm on my own.

Franny - I read (just today) that some women are precscribed higher doses of FA for certain things. Your 5mg may not be a "wacky" amount.

Kerzie - alternating may be a good idea. Maybe up my dosage to 1000mcg on the days I don't take the prenatal.

8 years ago

Hiya Franny,
So I put all my info in ff for this month and they say I o on CD19, which is the day of my temp dip.It also noted that my temp is a bit unstable which is true, it is usually a result of whether I've thrown the covers off in my sleep or not. I don't sleep sound, my joints hurt and I wake and shift constantly so I don't think I can rely on temping alone. The joys of ttc. I always try to bd from the first positive opk to my temp shift where possible.
You o early this month I I was late, had stopped taking b6 which is what makes me o earlier (for me anyway) In the end I had stopped taking all vits, was worn down from the flu thing for over two months. Now I'm back with a vengeance and am trying new vitamins, have you heard of together wholevits? They take vitamins from food sources so our bodies can absorb them better and the best bit is they have no additives or nasties in them. Will let you know how I get on, hoping their d3 with metabolites makes a difference.
Was reading about the iui, it sounds scary and yet exciting. Why wouldn't they have offered you the swim up test before now? You should be able to drop your sample in for a "service" and pick the cream of the crop up to take home and use. It's not like the companies would loose money because more people would be able to afford things like that.
My fear would be the tube in the cervix, I can't imagine it not being sore. Take some ibuprofen before as a precaution. If it's not painful maybe I will ask for a referral.

Let's hope seven is a lucky number and this is going to be our year Can't wait until we are talking fat ankles and strange smells xx

Kerzie,

CD 19 looks right to me. You sure did put in the effort with the BD. You are an inspiration to me! Next month I am going to try harder. We often only manage once, sometimes twice, only once three times. Maybe THAT is the problem! Let me know if you put in the rest of your info and find anything interesting. I LOVE looking under the search function "charts like mine" that are pregnant. A girl could spend HOURS. It's better than POAS, I tell you. Hahaha.

I stopped taking all vitamins this month too (and ate CRAP). I sort of gave up thinking about it over the holidays and was slow to rebound as work was particularly stressful this month. I'll get back on it next cycle. I will look up together wholevits - thank you.

"You should be able to drop your sample in for a "service" and pick the cream of the crop up to take home and use." Unfortunately I live in Brooklyn and it takes me about an hour to get to the doctor, in Manhattan. I wish that was possible! Even giving the sample - if we lived close he could do it at home and bring in a container - but you have to keep it body temp and get it there is 30 minutes which isn't possible for us.

If I am able to schedule it all around work (I just hate that that is so hard...wish it wasn't such a secret) I will let you know how the IUI goes and the pain level, of course!

"Can't wait until we are talking fat ankles and strange smells" I just about spat out my tea! You are HILARIOUS
xx

8 years ago

Franny - that's exciting your doing IUI.I just have to "buttt in" and share a quick story of my sister in law who had her first natural IUI last month. First off she said the procedure a piece of cake. She says she'd rather have it than a pap smear. No pain what so ever but I guess everyone is different. Part of the process was to check her FSH and other hormone levels but most importantly her AMH before she undergoes the procedure. Now - in my opinion, this is very helpful (as I'm thinking of having it natural IUI myself) - you can choose to have a "monitored cycle" or not. In a monitored cycle you have to go in I believe every single day of your fertile window to make sure you will O and when EXACTLY and to check the follice size. They will do an ultrasound each day. Especially if it's your first one make sure that they do let you know about both options. It just gives you a better understanding about your body when you choose the monitored option.

Good luck to you

8 years ago

Jandei,

Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it!

8 years ago

Hi,
I gave up on eating healthy over the holidays, maybe a bit too much but I really needed the break too. Put on a bit of weight but not worried, I'm sure it will drop off slowly now I'm back to moderation.
Franny, did u get your af yet? When/if you do is it then a waiting game for o? I'm excited for you and being honest I'm also really curious.
Jandei, I would swap doctors too, no one should be pressured to do anything. A good doctor will give you all the information and support any decision you make. I hope you find a sympathetic doctor, bet it makes all the difference. How are you holding up in the tww?
Tiger, how many days past o are you now? Your follicles sounded promising.

Afm, It seems to take a while for my temps to go down at the start of my cycle so I have come to the conclusion that I'm lazy!! My hormone levels are slow to rise both at the beginning of my cycle and after o. Or maybe my levels are high at the end of each stage and take longer to leave my system. Like the idea that my body is over enthusiastic rather than lazy. Now I don't have to worry too much
Yes the tww is literally driving me crazy

Thank you Kerzie. A lot of doctors just look at their patients and automatically prescribe drugs. I wish she took the time to actually TRY to diagnose my issue. Oh well I'm sure I'll find another I'll like.

Oh goodness... the tww is driving me crazy, this month especially. Maybe because this is the first month I tried different approaches and we bd more than ever. Also the first month I used opks twice/three times a day (internet cheapies). All previous months I was using clearblue digital where they only give you 10 per pack and since my O is irregular sometimes I would run out before I got a positive result so from looking back at it now it's possible we missed my O days. How are you doing in your tww? You are a few days ahead of me so you should be first to hopefully get the great news

8 years ago

Heya Kerzie,

Yes, waiting for AF. Because my cycle was so screwy I am either 12DPO or 6DPO. So, I guess I will find out soon enough. Temp stayed low again today. Seems like AF is approaching. When it comes, then I call the fertility center and start the whole monitoring/ blood work thing. REALLY hoping I can do it all before work or not sure how I will make it.

"Like the idea that my body is over enthusiastic rather than lazy." THAT is a great one!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo