Community post

Discussion

40+ TTC in 2015

View Full Post

Hello,
I had to scroll through so many pages to find recent ladies who are TTC and decided to open a new thread for 2015. This should make it easier to find friends and buddies who are going through the same emotional roller coaster of TTC in their 40's.
Is it worth opening a new thread monthly to keep it current?
Would also like to wish everyone the best of luck, the more people that get a BFP gives the rest of us hope so please don't forget to post.
Baby dust to all ????

219 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 219 Replies | Last Page

One last thing,
Have you tried progesterone? I have to use the cream as it is not easy to get here. It can help keep your temps up and could keep the witch at bay until things take hold. Also if you use a form of soft cups it will keep your swimmers next to the cervix longer giving the healthy sperm a better chance.
That is of course if the witch comes at all.

8 years ago • Post starter

Kerzie, thank you. Good ideas! I had my progesterone tested in the beginning and it is supposedly OK. I was told I am just a cold person—my metabolism is quite slow, so maybe that is why! Weight is normal though. I was seeing an acupuncturist for the first six months to help with my temps but it got expensive. She said to eat lots of soups and cooked vegetables, so I do. I will have the progesterone checked again.

As for the soft cups, that might be what we need. Hubby's motility is 39% but apparently only 1.5% is swimming in the right direction :( Also, with the test for... I forget what it is called but it's something about how long it takes for the semen to thin out to let the swimmers swim (TMI... Sorry!) his was over one hour, which is not good. So maybe the soft cup would give it a chance to stay in place while it melts or whatever (?). Honestly, the tech asked if he worked with toxic chemicals or something. There was also damage and fracturing. I don't get it. he sits in an office chair. But, he's healthy, works out regularly, good weight and diet. Maybe this city is toxic. The poor guy takes a cupful of vitamins every morning. We're retesting again next week. Hoping for improvements.

Can't thank you enough for all your feedback today, and for just listening. IOU!

8 years ago

Franny, it might be worth you comparing different fertility lubricants. I ran out of preseed right at ovulation so had to buy emergency stuff at the chemist. They only had "balance active fertility gel" which improves sperm health and motility. Conceive plus contains calcium and magnesium, TTC contains a food source for sperm. Might be worth looking into one that might help with your problems, your doctor might know which would be best?
I hope the results next week are encouraging, it could be the boost of confidence your dh needs. We all need to know the effort we put in is doing some good.
I've got a sluggish metabolism too and my temps are low. I was trying an alternative diet recommended to reset your temp but fell ill and it all went bottoms up.
http://naturalfertilityandwellness.com/tag/luteal-phase-defects/
I was looking into luteal phase defects, trying to extend towards the 14 days and towards the bottom of the page found a section on resetting your metabolism. It made a lot of sense to me and as it's only for 30 days I thought I'd give it a go. Strangely it's about eating more but avoiding processed foods. Have a look and let me know what you think.

Afm. My temp dipped to 97.01 this morning so expecting af at some point today. Had started taking my temps again to see if the new diet was working but think I will try in Jan now as Christmas is a hard time to keep to any diet.

Good luck everyone ttc

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi Kerzie,

Thanks again for everything! I read the link you sent. I had come across that Matt Stone diet to raise BBT before (I think that is what you were referring to?) It seems to make sense but I worry a little about some of the cholesterol. I would probably modify it a bit. Definitely adding unprocessed "super foods" and not worrying so much about restricting calories works for weight loss, I know that. I did it about 5 years ago and lost 15 pounds (now... why did I stop eating that way again? Ha!) So I guess if it made me lose weight, it may have raised my metabolism and BBT at that time (I don't know for sure, I was not temping). Maybe this could work for you!

This is a list of "super foods" that I found in some book and made the core of my eating at that time... I added them to what I ate without worrying too much about taking away anything else: eggs, wild salmon, yogurt, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, almond butter, dark chocolate, kale, avocado, mushrooms, artichokes, apples, blueberries, oats, lentils, quinoa, chilies, tarragon, tumeric, steak, buckwheat pasta, sardines! I also ate an apple before every meal (organic, as the skin can have a lot of pesticides.) Maybe we both should try some version of this in the new year.

Matt Stone also mentions not eating for a full 12 hours every night. I have heard this really helps the metabolism. It would be HARD (late night ice cream is a fave...) but could be good to try as well.

Lastly (so sorry everyone for the long post!) I have not tried other fertility lubricants, but perhaps I should. I am thinking more and more that IUI may be the direction we should head though. Hubby, on top of low motility and morphology, we just found out has a very slow liquefaction time. So, I think that means his swimmers can't break out and swim. A good washing would eliminate, or help, that problem.

OK... good luck to you all, wherever you are in your cycles! Kerzie, I hope AF stayed away but if she did come, here is to a good, fresh new cycle and lots of

8 years ago

Franny - Kerzie is a font of information, and I swear that you will know when the time is right to step back and let the dream go. (I say this, but I still haven't reached that point yet, lol). And, there are so many stories of women who have given up and then get that BFP, so anything is possible. I think we all need to focus more on ourselves than ttc sometimes! In the mean time, I highly recommend Preseed, but there are other semen friendly lubes out there as well.

Kerzie - How are you doing? I think we're on the same cycle day. You should be getting that BFP soon!

Mozart? you out there girl? How's it going?

SZ1971, Veryclearly, TCE - Well any news?Where do you all stand in your cycles? We need some BFP's on this board!!

AFM - 10 dpo today and I feel great. Lol, even on progesterone I don't seem to have as many symptoms as I did last month. Or I'm just not reading into them. Had a .3 temp dip yesterday, but it went back up some today. Again, can't really tell anything as I'm on prometrium. BFN this morning, so I'm probably out. But at least my LP is getting longer! YAY!

Blizzard on us all!!

8 years ago

Pixandpoetry, sorry for having been so quiet lately. Last cycle was another bust as suspected. I have not been well, migraines, SAD, going to the chiropractor today because of torticollis. All in all not doing too well - wrote a journal entry yesterday as general update.
Repeat SIS tomorrow, hoping it might make a difference, CD6 today, again on Letrozole and FSH injections. Did acupuncture on Monday, acuscope on Thursday - very busy.
Sorry about your BFN today. All we can do is keep our heads above water and pray for strength.
Hoping everyone is doing ok, Kerzie, Franny, Best wishes to all !

8 years ago

Oh dear Mozart! Please take care of yourself. That is the most important thing we can do for ourselves and those little beans in waiting. I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well, and will send positive thoughts your way. Please rest up and do whatever you need to in order to get healthy again.

8 years ago

Mozart - I feel for you! I've had migraines the past three days and it's a little confusing because mine are mainly brought on by AF, but I'm only on cd15!!! Sinuses are driving me batty and I think that quite possibly one is bringing about the other. LOL Hope you feel better and please don't lose hope!

Pix - sorry to hear about your mom. I agree with previous comments to focus on taking care of yourself. I will be praying for you and your family.

Kerzie - I was giggling at you again... the BFN eggs thrown into the woods. LOL Sometimes we just need to get that aggression out, don't we?

Currently I'm on cd15 and my opk's didn't register anything! What the.... So I don't know if I actually O'd or not? Cervical fluid is dry now even though my temp took another dip this morning. Charts are thinking 'skeptically I might add' that my O date is CD11? I just don't know. I'm supposed to start my progesterone tomorrow. I guess we'll see.

Wishing you ladies tons of baby dust!!!

User Image

8 years ago

Hi, I turned 40 August 23. I had a miscarriage July 4th and we're trying for a rainbow baby. My cycle returned Sept. 27. But now my cycles are 22 days, before the miscarriage they were 28. I have a 20, 17 and 11 year old. I've since been diagnosed with diabetes and hypertension. I can only pray that I'll conceive again and that I'm able to carry the pregnancy. I am here to offer my support. Baby dust to you all.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo